Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I'm trying to make all of this fit together in my head.

He doesn't look 6-8 in any of that film. He doesn't look 6-7, either.
I think he looks about 6-5 right now, about the same size as Alan Griffin last year, maybe 6-6 in sneakers.

I miss Arinze. That man could seal and go left or right baby hook and that's all he needed.

Isaiah Stewart was once going to be that guy, or Thomas Bryant before him.

I think the plan for Benny is two years, but we all know how that goes.

That was the plan for Melo, too, when he was still 190 at Oak Hill.
When he showed up on campus at 215 and got up to 220 during the season, that fantasy of a second season was over.

What an awesome commitment. Hope he can bring some friends!!! I read up above that some are questioning his height? He's still growing. I think he'll be perfect for our brand of basketball.

Benny looks a legit 6-8. It's Lands who looks more like one our typical big guards, rather than a true F for our system. In one of the stories about his commitment, he mentioned that they were looking to give him time at guard. Seems like a better shooting Tyus Battle. He also strikes me as a bit similar (but not quite so athletic) as Alan Griffin was for us. I think Mason said he thought Mali was quicker or had a quicker release. But this is still a very talented "get". Very excited.

As a F with guard skills he gets lower when using the dribble. I don't see what you see. Looks every bit of 6-7/6-8 to me.

Here's a still from highlights of one of his recent games. Lands is #22. The other players are high school players. #2 on his team is clearly 2-3 inches taller, as is #20 in red. The other kid in red is about the same size. The ref also offers some perspective.

Now, yes, he's bending his knees to start to jump, but he's not as big as 3 of the other guys in the picture. If he was really 6-8, he would be about as tall as those other guys. That's why I'm saying. This is what I see. He looks more like a guard than a forward to me.

Kamari Lands #22.png

Here's a still from highlights of one of his recent games. Lands is #22. The other players are high school players. #2 on his team is clearly 2-3 inches taller, as is #20 in red. The other kid in red is about the same size. The ref also offers some perspective.

Now, yes, he's bending his knees to start to jump, but he's not as big as 3 of the other guys in the picture. If he was really 6-8, he would be about as tall as those other guys. That's why I'm saying. This is what I see. He looks more like a guard than a forward to me.

View attachment 200317

In fairness he was always a guard I thought but also much closer to 6-7/6-8 as reported. This picture if that is your point you can't compare height as Kamari is farther away and #2 is further back and thus is always going to look taller. Really need a team photo to validate that point.

Benny looks a legit 6-8. It's Lands who looks more like one our typical big guards, rather than a true F for our system. In one of the stories about his commitment, he mentioned that they were looking to give him time at guard. Seems like a better shooting Tyus Battle. He also strikes me as a bit similar (but not quite so athletic) as Alan Griffin was for us. I think Mason said he thought Mali was quicker or had a quicker release. But this is still a very talented "get". Very excited.
hes a true 6'8

View attachment 200317
Optical illusion, Matt. As Orangezoo noted, #2 is much closer to the camera (he is at the 3 pt line, Lands is at mid-post or lower). From the Prolific Prep roster #2 is 6-7, Lands is 6-8.

View attachment 200317
Sounds scientific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online