Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to complain this is a huge get. But we need more around him. I don't want 2 straight 1 5 star guy classes.
87B9CDD0-DF03-4DED-9F22-77FA576B4D31.gif

Not to complain this is a huge get. But we need more around him. I don't want 2 straight 1 5 star guy classes.
Our program was built on having 1 5 star and then another guy in the 25-50 range and then another 1 or 2 in the 50-100 range. That's when we have the most success.

Our program was built on having 1 5 star and then another guy in the 25-50 range and then another 1 or 2 in the 50-100 range. That's when we have the most success.

Agreed 144% [footnote to 721].

Roster stocked with four-year program guys [i.e., CJ, Kris, Arinze, Rautins, Triche, etc.] who learn the defense and are quality performers, supplemented by a blue chip talent [or two], who are talented enough to take the roster to the next level. That was the formula in our re-ascension in 2010 / 2012.

Oh really? I think we were best when we had the most talent.

One item I'll add, is that it's guys in those ranking groups that *fit* SU. Meaning, long athletic wings that are versatile, for example. Benny and Kamari fit the "SU" look more than some guys of late. Nothing against our guys. At all. We just want the Hak/Wes types out there.

Great to get him. But a question... doesn’t it seem like his shooting motion begins really low?

Agreed 144% [footnote to 721].

Roster stocked with four-year program guys [i.e., CJ, Kris, Arinze, Rautins, Triche, etc.] who learn the defense and are quality performers, supplemented by a blue chip talent [or two], who are talented enough to take the roster to the next level. That was the formula in our re-ascension in 2010 / 2012.

I miss Arinze. That man could seal and go left or right baby hook and that's all he needed.

He keeps the game very simple. No flash or crazy plays. He just lays the ball in instead of trying to dunk the ball. Has a beautiful stroke.

Great to get him. But a question... doesn’t it seem like his shooting motion begins really low?

That is my biggest concern... He may need to rework his shot for college, which could screw him all up.

That and his push shot layups that might get blocked a lot.

Last edited:
I like it better too... Until this one, I was kind of wondering what the evaluators were seeing to rank him so highly.

He is a very good shooter and this video showed a lot more of what else he can do.

His shooting stroke just seems... effortless, even well past the three point line.

It feels like our recruiting focus has moved from long athletes made for our zone who might be decent ball players to guys who really play basketball well (re: shoot well) and will have to make the zone work.

Swider, Lands, Buddy, Girard all have shooting as their primary strength. Meanwhile, guys who aren't such shooters are heading elsewhere.
What's not to like. The kid shoots 100% from the floor.

This is cute, but I honestly don’t care. I don’t have enough energy to follow guys who don’t want to play here so I can feel worse about it.
He said Kadary who so I answered the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom