Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

Marcus has already enrolled in summer classes at Kansas, yes? How can he just leave in mid July?

Marcus has already enrolled in summer classes at Kansas, yes? How can he just leave in mid July?
Summer sessions are short. Some classes are 4 weeks others are 8 weeks. There are also short online summer classes.

Adams told The Star he would have to use his one-time free transfer and obtain a waiver to play during the 2023-24 season.
Yea, that was the point I made earlier. I didn’t understand how he was seeking to get out of his NLI when he already started classes. He needs to seek a transfer, which is what I thought the situation would be. He should have chosen UCLA originally. He’d be staying in LA and in an urban area, which is what it sounds like he wants. USC might make the most sense for him now. A lot of the schools that have reached out are in rural areas or rural adjacent. I wish we had scholarship space to take him.

Last edited:
Yea, that was the point I made earlier. I didn’t understand how he was seeking to get out of his NLI when he already started classes. He needs to seek a transfer, which is what I thought the situation would be. He should have chosen UCLA originally. He’d be staying in LA and in an urban area, which is what it sounds like he wants. USC might make the most sense for him now. A lot of the schools that have reached out are in rural areas or rural adjacent. I wish we had scholarship space to take him.
Yeah this would have been a great opportunity to grab him. He's feeling dejected from his time at Kansas and might hesitate to go to another blue blood, and a lot of programs aren't looking for anyone at this time. UCLA and Kansas were the biggest competitors during his original recruitment and they're out of the picture. Also he has to use his freebie transfer voucher so he's way less likely to transfer out later. Someone's going to get lucky here, but I agree he was probably homesick and is likely to end up on the West Coast, and Syracuse isn't the city he's looking for.