Marek Dolezaj | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Marek's team was 10-30. He played in 33 of their games. Their leading scorer avg 12.4 ppg, Marek was tied for 2nd at 10.1ppg. His team was 4th worst in the league. All these American players are averaging around the same ppg that they did in College. So take it anyway you want it but it looks like this league is about as good as the MAC conference
Good stuff. Playing against players his own age at the U18 FIBA European Championships last summer, Marek played for Slovakia. He led a good Slovakian team (they finished 4-1 in the first round) in scoring and rebounds and was second in assists (13.4, 9.4 and 1.9.). That was playing 28.25 minutes a game.

He tied for 16th in scoring, 7th in rebounding, 19th in blocked shots, 29th in steals and 49th in assists in the tournament (out of 283 of the best young players in Europe).

Marek Dolezaj profile, FIBA U18 European Championship 2016 | FIBA.COM

That tells me he isn't spectacular at anything but is good at just about everything. That is what I am expecting to see.

That tells me he isn't spectacular at anything but is good at just about everything. That is what I am expecting to see.
Maybe the AK47 comparison that RF made is close. He had three 5 x 5's in the NBA which is very uncommon. Need to do a lot of things good to do that, especially when you look at some names on this very short list. Now I am not saying this kid is going to be that good, but I love watching these kids improve and grow into their upside. Of course not all kids do.
5X5's in NBA history

I think this kid is great for us, I'm just showing stats to some of these people who think he's the next coming of Dirk. Euros are tough to scout. Yurtseven scored 91 points in one game there in Europe and scored 4 pts here vs McNeese State
whatever his flaws may be, Boeheim has always been a good judge of talent. and, with his deep international experience (not just Olympic team, but he's been integral part of USA basketball for years), he is as well situated to project European talent as anyone

and that's all we need - he'll be playing on a squad with 2 guys who could be 2nd or 3rd team All ACC. Battle and Thompson will be the stars, we just need a few more guys who can support them. Hopefully he'll develop into a similar star in his own sophomore year.

Good stuff. Playing against players his own age at the U18 FIBA European Championships last summer, Marek played for Slovakia. He led a good Slovakian team (they finished 4-1 in the first round) in scoring and rebounds and was second in assists (13.4, 9.4 and 1.9.). That was playing 28.25 minutes a game.

He tied for 16th in scoring, 7th in rebounding, 19th in blocked shots, 29th in steals and 49th in assists in the tournament (out of 283 of the best young players in Europe).

Marek Dolezaj profile, FIBA U18 European Championship 2016 | FIBA.COM

When said this way, maybe he's a Josh Pace type of player. Hopefully with a better shot! But I remember how Pace seemed to stuff the stat sheet in seemingly every category. He was never a team leader in anything but was super solid in most aspects. You don't win big without guys like that.

To add: I think I read in that crazy translation you provided, that Dolemite did have a triple double in one of those games FIBA games. Did it against Ireland, so I expect him to be unstoppable against ND.

To add: I think I read in that crazy translation you provided, that Dolemite did have a triple double in one of those games FIBA games. Did it against Ireland, so I expect him to be unstoppable against ND.
giphy.gif

This thread did not even open up until February. Are you saying we had no Plan As or Bs for his position in the fall, not to mention, would we still be after him if we had gotten Tucker ?

Please clarify the statement that we would be taking him no matter what or are you only referring to our current 11th hour post-Tucker recruiting situation ?
I'm saying that once we became aware that this kid was interested in coming to Syracuse, we were all in. It didn't matter whether Tucker or anyone else came or not. Our competition was the pro leagues of Europe. To call this kid a Plan C or Plan H is a great disservice to him. He will be a very good player for us.

Is the international 3 point line different than college hoops?

According to Wikipedia " In international FIBA and WNBA play, the three-point line is 6.75 m (22 ft 1 3⁄4 in) away from the basket on the arc part and 6.6 m (21 ft 8 in) from the straight parts. In both men's and women's National Collegiate Athletics Association(NCAA) basketball, the three-point line is simply a 180° circular arc centered on the basket, 20 ft 9 in (6.32 m) in radius. "

When said this way, maybe he's a Josh Pace type of player. Hopefully with a better shot! But I remember how Pace seemed to stuff the stat sheet in seemingly every category. He was never a team leader in anything but was super solid in most aspects. You don't win big without guys like that.
Or a Kueth Duany.

Hope to see an interview with him, where he tells us who his favorite players/'role models' are, and how he came to be interested in our program. Hope he develops into an AK47 kinda guy. AK was one of the few players who really gave Carmelo fits head-to-head.

what makes you so sure we "stumbled upon" him? Perhaps he is the fruit of Boeheim's international experience and connections.
I didn't say I was sure of anything but you seem to know

Or a Kueth Duany.

Hope to see an interview with him, where he tells us who his favorite players/'role models' are, and how he came to be interested in our program. Hope he develops into an AK47 kinda guy. AK was one of the few players who really gave Carmelo fits head-to-head.
As a Jazz fan I know AK well. Marek is not nor never will be AK. He is a once in a lifetime talent. This guy is not that.

As a Jazz fan I know AK well. Marek is not nor never will be AK. He is a once in a lifetime talent. This guy is not that.

Ignoring your hyperbole, i certainly didn't mean to say or imply that i thought Marek would reach the level of 'once in a lifetime talent.' Which is why i said "...kinda guy." As in, a player who does those sorts of things.

Still, i wonder what the actual AK looked like at the same age. Since you're his biggest fan (or AK himself), maybe you have his pre-NBA stats handy (tattooed on your forearm)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom