Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

Wow.
Missouri can’t catch a break.
Hope the kid gets healthy as he looked like an elite NBA prospect.

Really hope this doesn't derail his pro career before it even starts. I think this is the same injury/surgery Tiger Woods is still struggling to come back from.

Classic Mizzou.

our 2 best, most recent teams had their center (the 2 most important players of each team, not best but the most important) go down just prior to the NCAA tournament.

our 2 best, most recent teams had their center (the 2 most important players of each team, not best but the most important) go down just prior to the NCAA tournament.
ClV6qLIUkAArQvc.jpg

I think there's a 40% chance he comes back for his sophomore year.

I can see both sides. Do you want to prove you are healthy and show what you can do for a season or do you want to not risk another injury and take your chance with the draft?

I can see both sides. Do you want to prove you are healthy and show what you can do for a season or do you want to not risk another injury and take your chance with the draft?
On top of that, his dad is the assistant coach and the two of them convinced his brother to reclassify so they could play together.

As someone who recently went through almost the same exact procedure(mine was lower L5S1) you go now even if your stock drops a bit. If he hurts it again, especially at his age, he will be labeled with chronic back problems and his career is over. Get paid while you can. Even with this...he won’t fall too far outside the lottery...if he falls. If he shows up at draft time and passes a physical, what team is going to pass on a talent like that?

Wow lunbar surgery at that early of an age. I hope he makes a full recovery but those disc injuries tend to reoccur.

he would have been top 3 pick in the draft 6 months ago , maybe the NBA teams would have picked up on it during medical exams, but let the kids go PRO, if kids can sign up to go to IRAQ they should be able to sign up for the nba draft

he would have been top 3 pick in the draft 6 months ago , maybe the NBA teams would have picked up on it during medical exams, but let the kids go PRO, if kids can sign up to go to IRAQ they should be able to sign up for the nba draft

Sorry for Porter. Surprised this problem didn’t show up earlier. But “maybe” is a big question with back injuries. One day you’re fine the next your not. All of the compression on the discs in basketball in rebounding and other aspects of the game hasn’t and will not be good for the future even with the surgery. I have had chronic back problems since I lifted the wrong way my fifth year senior at SU. The only relief I got was to lie flat on the floor for the better part of two weeks and I have been bothered sporadically ever since in and out of a chiropractor's office. I hope he comes back and regroups and the pounding doesn’t produce another situation. Back injuries are fickle, and can be career threatening no matter how good the surgery went or the most optimistic recovery time stated. IF a team offers take it and invest the $ for it may not be a long career.

Exactly.

This isn't the first time but this could be the biggest case of a player being screwed because of this rule. Either due to injury or because of drop in school.

Rather go to the NBA and fail than not get a penny and suck my freshman year of college.

I wonder how much is dad made per minute of his college career. Porter Jr only played 4 minutes right. If you take the 300k from UW and the 1.125m from Missou that is like $356,250 per minute. That is impressive.

I wonder how much is dad made per minute of his college career. Porter Jr only played 4 minutes right. If you take the 300k from UW and the 1.125m from Missou that is like $356,250 per minute. That is impressive.
It was more like two minutes. But don't forget, his brother is also on the team and there are two more brothers to follow.

IS everyone missing the fact that Porter and the point guard Trae Young (sp?)have been connected as a potential package deal for some time???? Many articles about the pair wanting to continue playing together beyond AAU. We have not even sniffed at Young, If we looked at Young, then I'd think we had serious interest level in Porter. To date, no mention ever of SU and Young.
TRAE YOUNG.....

You're absolutely right. Norman, OK is right in our regular recruiting footprint. Had we simply offered Young, we likely could've gotten him & Porter. Darn Boeheim :rolleyes:
F# off......My [point was we had no serious interest in PORTER...... Greg davis...haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom