Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

He looked great in the Mary Kline. Very athletic. Diverse game. I didn't think we were a player for him but it'd be great if we got involved.

He looked great in the Mary Kline. Very athletic. Diverse game. I didn't think we were a player for him but it'd be great if we got involved.
Agree, he was one of the best players on the floor, both games. Really ran the floor well and a few athletic blocks in a game...that has no blocks. ;) Hit at least one deep ball.

I'm thinking this kid was profiled in Sports Illustrated a few months ago, but I might be thinking about somebody else. If it is the same kid, it seemed like he was focusing on mostly area schools with a few others thrown in there but not us. But if we can grab him, that would be fantastic.

I'm thinking this kid was profiled in Sports Illustrated a few months ago, but I might be thinking about somebody else. If it is the same kid, it seemed like he was focusing on mostly area schools with a few others thrown in there but not us. But if we can grab him, that would be fantastic.

You're thinking of Jayson Tatum. Top 3 recruit in'16, also from Missouri, and legitimately considering St. Louis. His dad played there with Larry Hughes.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/ucf/basketball/recruiting/player-Jayson-Tatum-142375

His dad worked with the sports ministry I work with, Athletes in Action. I don't think I've met him, but I know some staff who are tight with Michael Sr.

Basically Porter has developed a very good friendship with Moyer to the point that he has expressed interest recently to the SU staff. Whether we really have a realistic chance of landing him will remain to be seen as time goes along and obviously it'll be tough to get him out of the Midwest, but if we can hopefully land a visit at some point then who knows. FYI his dad is currently an assistant on the Mizzou women's team and recently turned down an offer to join the Washington men's staff where he is best friends with Lorenzo Romar, who is actually the Godfather of Porter Jr.

Last edited:
Basically Porter has developed a very good friendship with Moyer to the point that he has expressed interest recently to the SU staff. Whether we really have a realistic chance of landing him will remain to be seen as time goes along and obviously it'll be tough to get him out of the Midwest, but if we can hopefully land a visit at some point then who knows. FYI his dad is currently an assistant on the Mizzou women's team and recently turned down an offer to join the Washington men's staff where he is best friends with Lorenzo Romar, who is actually the God Father of Porter Jr.
Romar played with Athletes in Action as well

Basically Porter has developed a very good friendship with Moyer to the point that he has expressed interest recently to the SU staff. Whether we really have a realistic chance of landing him will remain to be seen as time goes along and obviously it'll be tough to get him out of the Midwest, but if we can hopefully land a visit at some point then who knows. FYI his dad is currently an assistant on the Mizzou women's team and recently turned down an offer to join the Washington men's staff where he is best friends with Lorenzo Romar, who is actually the God Father of Porter Jr.
Not sure if mentioned, but Porter's sister is going to Missouri next year to play basketball.

Moyer seems pretty active about recruiting guys to play at SU. Porter looks great!

Moyer has a phenomenal attitude and, IMO, the right personality to become an alpha dog for us without it being a detriment to the team. Kid is going to be a fan favorite for sure. I just hope we get a couple good years out of him! :D

Porter and Moyer to go along with Lydon would drive opponents nuts. They can all shoot, rebound and handle fairly well from the forward position. They are all tall and athletic. And a rotation of the three of them at the two forward positions would be insane.

That would be AMAZING--Porter is a big time offensive talent. Which is exactly what we need.

Basically Porter has developed a very good friendship with Moyer to the point that he has expressed interest recently to the SU staff. Whether we really have a realistic chance of landing him will remain to be seen as time goes along and obviously it'll be tough to get him out of the Midwest, but if we can hopefully land a visit at some point then who knows. FYI his dad is currently an assistant on the Mizzou women's team and recently turned down an offer to join the Washington men's staff where he is best friends with Lorenzo Romar, who is actually the Godfather of Porter Jr.
Could join the SU staff and coach his son.

Francis03 - still the Best. Thanks for all that you contribute, Brother.

Sign him up.:)
If it was only that easy to "sign'em up" this kid is special. Hi ability to get up and dominate the rim is something i'haven't seen that often if ever. He is able to slide through the defense and get up there and finish with consistency which is the most impressive part of his game IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom