Class of 2021 - SF Payton Shumpert (Jamesville-Dewitt / Woodstock) to Stony Brook | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Payton Shumpert (Jamesville-Dewitt / Woodstock) to Stony Brook

Running with NY Jayhawks. Not sure if we will have any interest going forward but just saw this -

Any kid who played ODP will tell you, don't go to Rider.

Meet the 2018-19 All-Central New York boys basketball teams

Payton Shumpert (Jamesville-DeWitt)
Class: Junior
Position: Guard/forward

What's next? Playing AAU for New York JayHawks

Best moment of the season: When we won the sectional championship.

Who inspires you? My dad inspires me because he played basketball at Syracuse, and was a big time player. He understands the grind it takes to make it to college and past that. He also takes me and my brother to work out every day and he comes to my Adidas Gauntlet AAU tournament. He supports the team and talks to all the players and helps them -- and me -- become better players.

What's your go-to warm-up song? It depends on what I'm feeling that game. Normally I listen to Jadakiss and Young Jeezy.

The last thing you say before taking the court: I'm always last leaving the locker room with my Beats on and putting tape on my wrist. Before I go out, I sit in my locker and just kinda say, "God, watch over my team and coaches while we go out and play."

4c9_20190324boyshoops050.jpeg

Jamesville-DeWitt was led by senior forward Payton Shumpert, who scored 29 points. His younger brother, Preston, added 12. Trey Autry, a sophomore guard and son of Syracuse basketball assistant Adrian Autry, finished with 12 points.

Jamesville-DeWitt was led by senior forward Payton Shumpert, who scored 29 points. His younger brother, Preston, added 12. Trey Autry, a sophomore guard and son of Syracuse basketball assistant Adrian Autry, finished with 12 points.

Man, over the years JD has really benefited from having the progeny / relatives of former SU players.

So we should be recruiting against Hofstra and Rider? And you wonder why our recruiting classes aren’t highly rated.

So we should be recruiting against Hofstra and Rider? And you wonder why our recruiting classes aren’t highly rated.

We haven't offered either Shumpert brother.

He's a recruit "of interest" to those of us who watched his father play. And he's a local kid.

Put the thread on "ignore" if you have an issue with it.

look at this offer list
albany
fairfield
hofstra
iona
marist
siena

who the hell would want that guy?

(that was elijah hughes' original offer list)

Last edited:
look at this offer list
albany
fairfield
hofstra
iona
marist
siena

anthony lamb was only recruited by vermont and everyone here was crying we didnt get him when he almost beat virginia

look at this offer list
albany
fairfield
hofstra
iona
marist
siena

(that was elijah hughes' original offer list)

Yeah because that is the most likely outcome right? We should definitely start recruiting lots of guys with lists like that.

Yeah because that is the most likely outcome right? We should definitely start recruiting lots of guys with lists like that.
it means we should recruit the guys jb & co think are worthy of recruiting. not r*vals, not 2four7, and definitely not cappy3 or chugg21.
nor moqui, for that matter

Last edited:
that's elijah hughes' offer list you ducking funce

it means we should recruit the guys jb & co think are worthy of recruiting. not r*vals, not 2four7, and definitely not cappy3 or chugg21.
nor moqui, for that matter

Prior to the last few years I would be in agreement, now It's a little more gray. His failure to identify and develop a lead guard has been a plague on all of our happiness as we have now become accustomed to 13+ losses and bubble life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom