Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bazely commitment is exciting for sure. I'm tempering some of the excitement until I see how this current team performs and how the staff progresses with getting a quality PG in here. So many unknowns coming into the season and I can see a myriad of results. Marek and Geno are coming in late so that's worrisome. Nobody knows how Frank will play. I could see TT blossoming or becoming a malcontent. Battle will be terrific. I'm optimistic with Bourama in terms of being one of the more skilled frosh bigs we have had in a long time. I'm not saying he's Chris Webber or anything but I think he can catch the ball consistently so that's a plus. He should be solid on D. I just have a feeling that we'll need him to be ready. I have zero confidence in Chukwu. Moyer I have no idea. His physique is weird. Still seems soft and lanky to me. Same with Marek. No idea with him but he seems like a really good athlete. If Frank falters will Geno be good enough at the ACC level to run the team and score? Probably but who knows.
I can understand that. It is harder to be excited when you have no idea what a team is gonna look like by the time other players arrive. It would be fun to anticipate how Bazely would team up with Battle as a junior, maybe how he would be the type of player that would take a solid team from this year and push them over the top the next.

Double, double machine!!

Bazely played well. Seemed like all 5 of his buckets were mid to long range. He can shoot. Rebounds like crazy. Very athletic, but skinny. Much better handle than I expected. Had an NBA move to the basket, but didn't convert. Drew some ooohs and ahs from the crowd. I like Bazely a lot.

That Jaylen Smith kid headed to Maryland had a big game. 21 pts I think. He's pretty good too. 6-9 and strong. Bazely just as tall but much lighter. I'll post a Peach Jam recap tomorrow. That Swider kid is really good. Jalen Carey looks good from what I saw.

Can you imagine if we could somehow get Brissett and Mareck to stick around for a second year with Bazley?

Perhaps the most versatile frontcourt ever, and I don't say that lightly when thinking about Coleman playing with Billy Owens.

It would be awfully surprising for Brissett and Marek to be one-and-dones.

It would be awfully surprising for Brissett and Marek to be one-and-dones.
Brissett wouldnt surprise me, and marek depends on whether he wants to leave for pro ball in Slovakia.

Okay, Mike Krzyzewski. :crazy:

Nobody is suggesting that they'll be one and done. ?

You just did in your other post. You said, imagine if Marek and Brissett are still here next year. What else would you call that?

I'm curious for those who access to Peach Jam action either live in person or streaming ...how are Swider and Bazely going about their business there? Swider more on the perimeter? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

You just did in your other post. You said, imagine if Marek and Brissett are still here next year. What else would you call that?

Keep reading, Matt -- you'll catch up. Eventually, since you're slow. We'll wait.

Last edited:
Chris McCullough clone? Same build, same type of game with better handle

McCullough stopped developing after his sophomore year in HS. This kid is much, much better.

I'm curious for those who access to Peach Jam action either live in person or streaming ...how are Swider and Bazely going about their business there? Swider more on the perimeter? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Check out AlpharettaCuse's post on the Peach Jam -- he talks about both.

Kids going to be big time for us!
Give him room, he'll drain a jumper. Face guard him, he'll either shoot over you or blow by. I don't know how long it'll take for him to get used to the zone rotations, but on offense, he can play the 2, 3 or 4 for us .. I don't care. He will automatically make everyone else around him better. From his length/athleticism, it looks like he'll be able to defend the rim and block shots also. Lots to like about this kid in Orange.

Give him room, he'll drain a jumper. Face guard him, he'll either shoot over you or blow by. I don't know how long it'll take for him to get used to the zone rotations, but on offense, he can play the 2, 3 or 4 for us .. I don't care. He will automatically make everyone else around him better. From his length/athleticism, it looks like he'll be able to defend the rim and block shots also. Lots to like about this kid in Orange.

Baze played in the back of the 2-3 last night when they played zone, and a couple times, their big man (they had a few) hit a free throw line jumper where Baze had to come up and guard him and got their late. I looked over at Boeheim to see his reaction, nd he kind of smiled.

Baze played in the back of the 2-3 last night when they played zone, and a couple times, their big man (they had a few) hit a free throw line jumper where Baze had to come up and guard him and got their late. I looked over at Boeheim to see his reaction, nd he kind of smiled.
HaHa, thank you AC. If he does that in practice, he'll get to hear JB's best Buzz Williams imitation: "No, Baze. You're too late. You're too Ph Late!!".

I love the way this kid rebounds...pleeeease tell me this kid follows his own shot like Melo did. Carmelo was incredible at that. Miss the shot...go get it and put it in...piece of cake :)

Keep reading, Matt -- you'll catch up. Eventually, since you're slow. We'll wait.
Well, that makes three of us that couldn't comprehend your poor choice of wording.

I really hope that Bazley's commitment gives us momentum with the class of 2018 to sign up a terrific guard to play with him. All of the other pieces of the puzzle are there, IMO.
What I am hearing is... I hope we get a Gmac/Edelin to go with our Melo?

Or is that too much?

Well, that makes three of us that couldn't comprehend your poor choice of wording.

The wording was perfectly fine--it was your creative interpretation that was off the wall.

And who's three? You, Matt, and your imaginary friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom