Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic footwork in the paint!
the-force-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg

They won that game above by 50 or so. The team they played scored 22. I cannot believe the lack of size on the other team. His team played some good teams this year but more weak/ small teams than a typical top 10 recruit.

They won that game above by 50 or so. The team they played scored 22. I cannot believe the lack of size on the other team. His team played some good teams this year but more weak/ small teams than a typical top 10 recruit.

Always interested in how these elite, assumed 1 and dones are going to contribute towards winning games. Any clue from his HS games if he is going to be one of the ones that is willing to do anything it takes to win or is there any hint that he's going to just be trying to get his 20 and 8 and looking ahead like others have?

Always interested in how these elite, assumed 1 and dones are going to contribute towards winning games. Any clue from his HS games if he is going to be one of the ones that is willing to do anything it takes to win or is there any hint that he's going to just be trying to get his 20 and 8 and looking ahead like others have?

He's EXTREMELY team-oriented. He's actually ripped people on Twitter who have called him out for not scoring more, saying all he cares about is winning.

Yeah being an OH guy who follows the scene a little bit; I can tell you that the competition and quality of play in the Cincinnati area is not good for a major city. Columbus has better teams and Certainly the Cleveland/Akron area does as well. Toledo has a couple of good programs as well. It was a good sign that he and the team played well against that New Albany, IN team (across the river from downtown Louisville). High school football is at an insanely high level in Cincy as is in OH generally but basketball is still pretty far down the trough in Cincy specifically for whatever reasons.

Yeah being an OH guy who follows the scene a little bit; I can tell you that the competition and quality of play in the Cincinnati area is not good for a major city. Columbus has better teams and Certainly the Cleveland/Akron area does as well. Toledo has a couple of good programs as well. It was a good sign that he and the team played well against that New Albany, IN team (across the river from downtown Louisville). High school football is at an insanely high level in Cincy as is in OH generally but basketball is still pretty far down the trough in Cincy specifically for whatever reasons.

He was great that game. It was a tough matchup, but it was very obvious that he was talented enough to play with anyone on that team(Romeo Langford included). Never did too much, just took what was given to him and really played great team ball. Near the end when his team needed buckets, he took his game to another level and pretty much carried his team to get it tied. It's too bad he fouled out, but he's definitely a team player, and knows when he needs to take over.

He was great that game. It was a tough matchup, but it was very obvious that he was talented enough to play with anyone on that team(Romeo Langford included). Never did too much, just took what was given to him and really played great team ball. Near the end when his team needed buckets, he took his game to another level and pretty much carried his team to get it tied. It's too bad he fouled out, but he's definitely a team player, and knows when he needs to take over.

Yup! It will be a breath of fresh air having a guy coming in who is well rounded and fundamentally sound for a change from the get go.

When I lived in Toledo I was surprised that one of the local high schools produced a kid (Nigel Hayes) who was going to play at a major school.

I mean, its Toledo.

When I lived in Toledo I was surprised that one of the local high schools produced a kid (Nigel Hayes) who was going to play at a major school.

I mean, its Toledo.

Yeah but they have kids sometimes going to OSU, Michigan St., etc. William Buford comes to mind. Actually more come from Dayton probably than Toledo. Dayton is even smaller than Toledo. Norris Cole, Daequon Cook, Adriean Payne, etc.

Yeah but they have kids sometimes going to OSU, Michigan St., etc. William Buford comes to mind. Actually more come from Dayton probably than Toledo. Dayton is even smaller than Toledo. Norris Cole, Daequon Cook, Adriean Payne, etc.

Yeah I forgot about Buford as well.

So weird.

Same, ha. Much better coneys in Detroit or at Ben’s in DC. The broad lives in Detroit and I’m in Cleveland so I’m ALWAYS passing by Toledo en route.

I think Ive been to the famous hot dog place in Detroit, but I had a few that night so its hard to say.

And now to duck out lest I suffer the wrath of orange79 for going off topic.

It's strange with Cinci and Xavier being there that HS ball is not that good right? Seems like the city should be strong.

Finally, we can talk about something interesting. Tell me about these hotdogs fellas.

Coney's and Slows BBQ, my only musts in Detroit.

Coney's and Slows BBQ, my only musts in Detroit.

Slows is the most popular one but there is better. Lafayette Coney Island is my favorite. Dearborn is one of the big middle-eastern meccas in the US. Astoria/Queens too. The Lebanese food in Dearborn is second to none. THAT is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom