Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know all that.:rolleyes:

I’ve talked to PA’s coach. I know what’s going on and where things stand. As I’ve said repeatedly, Precious is not going to make a decision anytime soon, no SU visit is on the horizon due to his high school schedule. Getting JB to see him would help. I realize the staff knows what they’re doing but NJ is not far away.

I know for a fact we have a chance but have tremendous competition for one of the 5 best players in ‘19, a guy we can sell as a perfect replacement for OB and likely DB.

Fair enough. I readily admit I have no inside info. I'm all for whatever will help land a big time talent. I wasn't commenting on you in particular but more about some people's perception that if the coaches worked harder we would land better recruits. As you know it aint that easy.

Cuse!

Fair enough. I readily admit I have no inside info. I'm all for whatever will help land a big time talent. I wasn't commenting on you in particular but more about some people's perception that if the coaches worked harder we would land better recruits. As you know it aint that easy.

Cuse!

No problem. I’m pretty on top of this recruitment, even though I realize getting Precious in Orange is a tall order.

We do have some factors on our side: great history with players from his school, a track record of sending guys to the NBA at his position, a HS coach who thinks we are a good fit, a current player who was a former teammate and who’ll likely be around in ‘19, close proximity to his home turf, etc. and a potentially good roster nucleus he can play with.

Gerry is trying to stay active, so I’m
not knocking him at all. To me, with him seemingly not in any rush, it’s a great chance to make a big impression on a kid who can be a transcendent kind of player.

This is my favorite player in 2019 (all respect to my guy Brycen Goodine). I can’t overemphasize how good Precious is. He keeps getting better. And he’s doing it without a true point guard.

Last edited:
No problem. I’m pretty on top of this recruitment, even though I realize getting Precious in Orange is a tall order.

We do have some factors on our side: great history with players from his school, a track record of sending guys to the NBA at his position, a HS coach who thinks we are a good fit, a current player who was a former teammate and who’ll likely be around in ‘19, close proximity to his home turf, etc. and a potentially good roster nucleus he can play with.

Gerry is trying to stay active, so I’m
not knocking him at all. To me, with him seemingly not in any rush, it’s a great chance to desalt make a big impression on a kid who can be a transcendent kind of player.

This is my favorite player in 2019 (all respect to my guy Brycen Goodine). I can’t overemphasize how good Precious is. He keeps getting better. And he’s doing it without a true point guard.

Good stuff. Nice to hear this stuff about about him especially producing big time without a true poing guard. That means he would fit in great here! ;)

That's gonna be one disappointing flight for the staff!

Ha, like I said, there's no game on their schedule, but maybe one was added, or maybe they're seeing Precious practice today, play tomorrow, then Brycen on Saturday.

I figured it out. Coaches are seeing Precious play this afternoon, then Brycen today as well. St. Benedict’s schedule lists today as Thursday, the 29th, not the 28th. That’s what threw me off. They do play today.
191D6D16-C225-4D58-A8F0-EA17A88D42D8.jpeg

I figured it out. Coaches are seeing Precious play this afternoon, then Brycen today as well. St. Benedict’s schedule lists today as Thursday, the 29th, not the 28th. That’s what threw me off. They do play today.View attachment 118524

Yes. Got a couple of pics earlier (of practice) from my source. JB, however, bowed out late due to timing issue with radio show. :(

Yes. Got a couple of pics earlier (of practice) from my source. JB, however, bowed out late due to timing issue with radio show. :(
Honestly after hearing/seeing JB last night it’s probably better he stay home

the radio show. I wonder if that means, he doesn't think we have a realistic chance with Precious?

Per source, 50/50 according to Gmac. Duke may be the leader, UK is out.

I was told we talked to Precious and his teammate, Lester Quinones. No offer for Lester but we did speak to him too.

I'm efforting more details.

orangecuse That pic was taken in the St. Benedict's gym. On their schedule, they had an away game for Thursday the 29th (wrong date for today). Trying to figure it out. Thanks for your info today.

I was told we talked to Precious and his teammate, Lester Quinones. No offer for Lester but we did speak to him too.

I'm efforting more details.

orangecuse That pic was taken in the St. Benedict's gym. On their schedule, they had an away game for Thursday the 29th (wrong date for today). Trying to figure it out. Thanks for your info today.

Yes, in St. Benedict's gym about 2:45 p.m. Only practice today, game's tomorrow at 4 p.m. in PA.

Yes, in St. Benedict's gym about 2:45 p.m. Only practice today, game's tomorrow at 4 p.m. in PA.

Yep. Gerry was solo today. They play tomorrow and Saturday in PA.

Gerry, Red & source flying back from MD now as they saw Goodine play earlier tonight. Cole Swider ('Nova commit) who we missed out on and wanted badly is a STUD according to what I was informed of this evening...

Swider is ridiculously good. I was told that Gerry was only coach at St Benedict's. Red was probably already in MD since he's from that area. Probably met Gerry to see Goodine and flew back to Syracuse.

Swider is ridiculously good. I was told that Gerry was only coach at St Benedict's. Red was probably already in MD since he's from that area. Probably met Gerry to see Goodine and flew back to Syracuse.

You're correct. :)

He doesn't look much like 6'8" in that pic standing next to Mac. It could be the camera angle, but he doesn't look much taller than Mac.

Ha, yeah thought the same thing. However, it's the angle, plus, Precious is leaning/slouching a bit, whereas Gerry (if you look closely) is on his toes. ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom