Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

I wrote this:
Can Syracuse Hoops Obtain a “Precious” Gem? | Otto's Grove
What about this, whoa! (Carey eliminates UM)?

Jalen Carey Reportedly Eliminates Miami | Otto's Grove

Add: [Nice article, Vin. Love that Gmac's solid with Taylor and that he might have established an SU-Gray Bee's pipeline with Sidibe and potentially Achiuwa].

Last edited:
Precious would be quite an addition to Cuse hoops!
He is only going to see his stock rise if he continues to improve and allow his body to fill out. Let's continue to show him love and bring him onboard with the Syracuse Basketball family!

My god.

Just highlights, but Precious looks like he had some Greek Freak to him...which, imo, is about as high of praise as you can give to a prospect. What a talent

Anyone else see some Wesley Johnson in his game but a little more explosive.

A little. Wes was much more polished. Precious is very raw. Needs to get stronger too. He's very thin. Shot mechanics are okay but he's not been a great shooter. He's really bad from the FT line too. Still, his coaches know that and he's a hard worker, so I expect his shooting to improve.

Yes, he looks awesome! Just saw some clips for the first time. Doesn't look like a Cuse beanpole though. Wes/Rudy Gay type. Skilled and explosive...much more skilled than Wes.

Yes, he looks awesome! Just saw some clips for the first time. Doesn't look like a Cuse beanpole though. Wes/Rudy Gay type. Skilled and explosive...much more skilled than Wes.

He's thin but he's added some weight this year. If you read my OG piece today linked in this thread, I mentioned the Rudy Gay comp.

There is another player on St. Benedict's I'd love for us to pursue: 2020 PG Noah Farrakhan. JB might be scared away by his lack of height but he shouldn't be.

He's thin but he's added some weight this year. If you read my OG piece today linked in this thread, I mentioned the Rudy Gay comp.

There is another player on St. Benedict's I'd love for us to pursue: 2020 PG Noah Farrakhan. JB might be scared away by his lack of height but he shouldn't be.

Nice! I'll check your piece out later tonight.

I wrote this:
Can Syracuse Hoops Obtain a “Precious” Gem? | Otto's Grove

Another great write up, Vince.

Achiuwa is yet another prototypical recruit in line with the seemingly new (and much needed) emphasis on finding long, ultra athletic wings, with rapidly developing offensive skill sets.

My god.

Just highlights, but Precious looks like he had some Greek Freak to him...which, imo, is about as high of praise as you can give to a prospect. What a talent

Great comp., digger. I may have flamed your avatar, but you might have something with Antetokounmpo. ;)

What about this, whoa! (Carey eliminates UM)?

Jalen Carey Reportedly Eliminates Miami | Otto's Grove

Add: [Nice article, Vin. Love that Gmac's solid with Taylor and that he might have established an SU-Gray Bee's pipeline with Sidibe and potentially Achiuwa].
Gerry really seems to be embracing recruiting.

He took his lumps but looks like he's turning a corner.

It takes time to establish connections , gain experience , earn the respect to be a good recruiter. If one has success immediately , then something is up or they were running in that crowd and had previous ties. Hopkins wasn't Hopkins immediately either.

Yes, they played together. I'm just not sure if they're close or not.

This is a great reel. Amazing highlights here, including some with Bourama (#35).

Release on the jumper looks a little low, but oh boy is this kid athletic.

Release on the jumper looks a little low, but oh boy is this kid athletic.

Yes, jumper needs some work but mechanics are getting better and he's well coached.

Yes, jumper needs some work but mechanics are getting better and he's well coached.
I just can't get over how easily he gets up. I love effortless jumpers.

I saw that one. He's a bright kid and a very good student.
My favorite part is he wants to emulate LBJ and Durant.
Second favorite part is he was th shortest guy on his Nigerian team so he had to dribble and handle.

My favorite part is he wants to emulate LBJ and Durant.
Second favorite part is he was th shortest guy on his Nigerian team so he had to dribble and handle.

Played a lot soccer too. Just a sensational athlete.

I've been told we have been keeping tabs on him for a while, just hope we didn't wait too long to offer. His coach did tell me way back in the winter that he expected SU to offer eventually and that it probably wouldn't come right away. Hopefully, we make Precious a priority. This will be a tough fight. One thing we have going for us is he might want to stay relatively close to home. That's the vibe I've gotten, I haven't been told that directly.

Last edited:
Terrific article, Iommi!

Sounds like we'll have tough competition, if UNC and Duke are already sniffing around.

Terrific article, Iommi!

Sounds like we'll have tough competition, if UNC and Duke are already sniffing around.

Thanks. I think he will get a UNC offer soon. They've been on him hard since the beginning of the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom