Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

Watching him on Facebook now. Floaters, dunks, 3's, running the show on occasion. It's almost unfair. He has 18 in the 3rd quarter against Hillcrest Prep. Oops, now he has 21. Drained a deep three with a hand in his face.

Playing like a top 5 guy. Yet another 3 as I type this. 24 points. He's drained three 3's since the other coach yelled, "give him that 3!!!"

Now he just blocked a shot against a big.

Good lord, Gerry. Get this guy. He's a wrecking crew.
I think I read that he's up to 6'9, and he's hitting 3's? Oh boy. Since we're not likely to have Baze in '19, this kid seems like a perfect candidate to carry on the tradition ... another long, rangy forward that can stretch the floor.

Last edited:
I think I read that he's up to 6'9, and he's hitting 3's? Oh boy. Since we're not likely to have Baze in '19,, this kid seems like a candidate to carry on the tradition ... another long, rangy forwards that can stretch the floor.

He has big time offers. Exactly, we really need to sell him as a replacement for Bazley. He's ridiculous. St. Benedict's doesn't have a point guard. Their stud left the program, so PA has to handle it a lot. They went to a box and one against him, face guarding. Nothing worked. One of the best individual performances I've seen and he played last night.

JB needs to get out to see him if at all possible too. Gerry is on this but we have to make this guy really feel wanted.

Need to get him on campus. I think Bourama could show him around. They were teammates, after all. I'll vomit if he goes elsewhere. Projectile vomit.

Last edited:
One more thing: he looks to have filled out a little. His weight is not a problem. If the one and done rule changes, he could be lottery pick or first rounder at the very least next year if his shot continues to develop.

He has big time offers. We really need to sell him as a replacement for Bazley, exactly. He's ridiculous. St. Benedict's doesn't have a point guard. Their stud left the program, so PA has to handle it a lot. They went to a box and one against him, face guarding. Nothing worked. One of the best individual performances I've seen and he played last night.

JB needs to get out to see him if at all possible too. Gerry is on this but we have to make this guy really feel wanted.

Need to get him on campus. I think Bourama could show him around. They were teammates, after all. I'll vomit if he goes elsewhere. Projectile vomit.
He sounds super versatile. And we should have a good team in '18. So if Baze continues his expected progression and gets drafted, maybe we'll have a shot at selling his chair to Achiuwa in '19.

Box and 1 is what we needed against Graham/KU tonight!

Wonder if Mullin is trying to make a Lester and Precious package deal?

Last edited:
Oregon really pushing hard, UCLA too. I’m concerned that he seems very open to not staying close to home.

We really need to be more aggressive here. He’s in no rush but we’ve gotta gain traction.

Oregon really pushing hard, UCLA too. I’m concerned that he seems very open to not staying close to home.

We really need to be more aggressive here. He’s in no rush but we’ve gotta gain traction.
This recruitment to me feels a lot like Cam Reddish's. For whatever reason the staff never seemed to really go hard on him. He even had us as one of his favorite teams at one point. I remember this board screaming to increase the pursuit, as he is now the top player in the 2018 class and he was within a 3 hour drive. To me, we are reliving that recruitment with PA. Very frustrating because the kid is a stud.

This recruitment to me feels a lot like Cam Reddish's. For whatever reason the staff never seemed to really go hard on him. He even had us as one of his favorite teams at one point. I remember this board screaming to increase the pursuit, as he is now the top player in the 2018 class and he was within a 3 hour drive. To me, we are reliving that recruitment with PA. Very frustrating because the kid is a stud.
There’s usually some reason.

There is no reason here. He's a good kid. Good student. Transcendent talent. Coach thinks SU system is perfect for him. He was friendly with Bourama.

There is no reason here. He's a good kid. Good student. Transcendent talent. Coach thinks SU system is perfect for him. He was friendly with Bourama.

Maybe we couldn't match the compensation package ? :oops:

Seems like he deserves more staff time ... it'd be a pity not to leave it all on the court here.

Seems like he deserves more staff time ... it'd be a pity not to leave it all on the court here.

Gerry is trying but we need JB to get involved. A quick trip to lovely Newark, NJ would show a lot.

I'd be willing to bet the staff has much better info than all of us which allows them to focus time on the best/most realistic options. This info also allows them to not go overboard if they know that recruit is not realistic or other issues exist. If the staff went crazy chasing all the players the fans wanted them too in 2017 (players such as Porter who we had no zero chance from the jump) then we wouldn't have gotten Brissett or Dolezaj. Both Oshae and Marius took time to recruit and we wouldn't have had that time if we were all consumed chasing fool's gold.

No idea if Precious is out of reach but I'm sure the staff is well aware of how good he is. If they get the read he's a possibility they will extend the effort. They have been doing this a long time and are well aware of what's needed.

Trust the Process!

Gerry is trying but we need JB to get involved. A quick trip to lovely Newark, NJ would show a lot.
Exactly. I don't care if its the North Pole. This kid is special, and I'm getting the feeling he wants us to reach out more. You would have a better take on that - I know he's getting lots of interest. But that quote from his coach is telling us something.

I'd be willing to bet the staff has much better info than all of us which allows them to focus time on the best/most realistic options. This info also allows them to not go overboard if they know that recruit is not realistic or other issues exist. If the staff went crazy chasing all the players the fans wanted them too in 2017 (players such as Porter who we had no zero chance from the jump) then we wouldn't have gotten Brissett or Dolezaj. Both Oshae and Marius took time to recruit and we wouldn't have had that time if we were all consumed chasing fool's gold.

No idea if Precious is out of reach but I'm sure the staff is well aware of how good he is. If they get the read he's a possibility they will extend the effort. They have been doing this a long time and are well aware of what's needed.

Trust the Process!

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know all that.:rolleyes:

I’ve talked to PA’s coach. I know what’s going on and where things stand. As I’ve said repeatedly, Precious is not going to make a decision anytime soon, no SU visit is on the horizon due to his high school schedule. Getting JB to see him would help. I realize the staff knows what they’re doing but NJ is not far away.

I know for a fact we have a chance but have tremendous competition for one of the 5 best players in ‘19, a guy we can sell as a perfect replacement for OB and likely DB.

Last edited:
Wonder if Mullin is trying to make a Lester and Precious package deal?

Mullin is, by the way. Quinones is a star 2-guard with in-the-gym range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom