Class of 2025 - SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24)

Much more Jerami Grant but more aggressive offensively to me.
Sadiq stood out offensively, defensively and athletically on the team he was on in the Peach Jam. Granted his team (Team United) went 1-4. Surprisedly, they did not seem to run that many plays for him where Kiyan Anthony was the focus offensive player on Team Melo. Sadiq moved really well without the ball but he was not the focus of his teams’ s offensive Strategy.

So far, he has been compared to Hakeem Warrick, Cole Swider and Jerami Grant in some comparison of skills, stature or ability. I’m sure that there will be a lot more comparisons to other players as his senior season begins and he gains more experience.

There are reasons that justify why he is ranked in the top 20 of this years high school basketball players. His skills will easily transition to the college level. Believe he can play the small forward nd power forward positions with little to no problems. While he has a solid build, he would need to bulk up a little to play center in college.

Whatever Adrian Autry did to recruit Sadiq White, he did it right and he needs to continue doing that with other players.

Sadiq stood out offensively, defensively and athletically on the team he was on in the Peach Jam. Granted his team (Team United) went 1-4. Surprisedly, they did not seem to run that many plays for him where Kiyan Anthony was the focus offensive player on Team Melo. Sadiq moved really well without the ball but he was not the focus of his teams’ s offensive Strategy.

So far, he has been compared to Hakeem Warrick, Cole Swider and Jerami Grant in some comparison of skills, stature or ability. I’m sure that there will be a lot more comparisons to other players as his senior season begins and he gains more experience.

There are reasons that justify why he is ranked in the top 20 of this years high school basketball players. His skills will easily transition to the college level. Believe he can play the small forward nd power forward positions with little to no problems. While he has a solid build, he would need to bulk up a little to play center in college.

Whatever Adrian Autry did to recruit Sadiq White, he did it right and he needs to continue doing that with other players.
Adrian Autry hired Brendan Straughn, that's what he did right :).

I’m excited to see this kid play for us, but I’m equally as concerned about the one-dimensionality of his offensive game. Everything is at the rim and I don’t see him getting away with six wide open dunks per game at the college level. He’s not Hak or DC.

I’m excited to see this kid play for us, but I’m equally as concerned about the one-dimensionality of his offensive game. Everything is at the rim and I don’t see him getting away with six wide open dunks per game at the college level. He’s not Hak or DC.
Will say that Sadiq is not one dimensional.

From what I saw, he can score inside, has a good jump shot and made an open three. He had 17 points /5 rebounds in the game I watched and 25 points/ 12 rebounds the next night.

We will be glad he is on the team. I also read on zagsblog that he is trying to recruit other players like Anthony, Jackson and Lewis.

Last edited:

From what I saw, he can score inside, has a good jump shot and made an open three. He had 17 points /5 rebounds in the game I watched and 25 points/ 122 rebounds the next night.

We will be glad he is on the team. I also read on zagsblog that he is trying to recruit other players like Anthony, Jackson and Lewis.

Any insight on his defense? (Not that EYBL is the bastion of good dedensive play)

Any insight on his defense? (Not that EYBL is the bastion of good dedensive play)
Sadiq is an impressive player who knows where to be on offense and defense.

He is a Hustler both on offense and defense.

He tightly guarded his assignment whether it be at Forward or at Center.

He has a high basketball IQ and knows where to be depending on the situation at hand.

He played all out throughout his time in the game. Again, his coach did not make use of him the way I would have which was to run plays that optimize his strengths.

BTW, he also knows how to move the ball and hit the open man on offense.

From what I saw, he can score inside, has a good jump shot and made an open three. He had 17 points /5 rebounds in the game I watched and 25 points/ 122 rebounds the next night.

That will take care of our rebounding issues from past seasons. ;):)

Sadiq is an impressive player who knows where to be on offense and defense.

He is a Hustler both on offense and defense.

He tightly guarded his assignment whether it be at Forward or at Center.

He has a high basketball IQ and knows where to be depending on the situation at hand.

He played all out throughout his time in the game. Again, his coach did not make use of him the way I would have which was to run plays that optimize his strengths.

BTW, he also knows how to move the ball and hit the open man on offense.
It’s really great that the parents of recruits feel free to post here. ;)

It’s really great that the parents of recruits feel free to post here. ;)
Captain, if you are to be disrespectful, at least get it right. Grandparents feel free to post here.

Next time, go to the tournament (if they have one again) and post your negative comments instead of positive ones On a recruit.

‘’What I saw I shared about Sadiq White, Jr with the forum with out any bias.

Captain, if you are to be disrespectful, at least get it right. Grandparents feel free to post here.

Next time, go to the tournament (if they have one again) and post your negative comments instead of positive ones On a recruit.

‘’What I saw I shared about Sadiq White, Jr with the forum with out any bias.
I appreciate you going to the game and giving us your firsthand experience.

It's great that White played so well.

So if this is true, how does that affect our line up? Is White a PF? Do he and Freeman play the same position? Does it even matter?

I would see him slotting in as a backup for Chris Bell and a few minutes at the 4. This team needs a wing defender bad and he provides that.
If we aren't getting another center then maybe Freeman slides over to the center spot and Sadiq plays some 4 with Freeman at the 5. Not ideal, but that is a lot of talent on the floor at the same time.