Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

How to we lose this guy to freakin st johns
As explained we didn't lose him but what I want to know is how the heck did St Johns get him? Why consider Uconn? He had some big successful program offers and I'm blown away that he even considered the two above. Same with recent elites considering Seton Hall. And our recent struggles and finding ourselves competing with these programs now. I believe we just temporarily lost footing and will easily continue to out recruit them but other than MSG being a factor what the heck.

As explained we didn't lose him but what I want to know is how the heck did St Johns get him? Why consider Uconn? He had some big successful program offers and I'm blown away that he even considered the two above. Same with recent elites considering Seton Hall. And our recent struggles and finding ourselves competing with these programs now. I believe we just temporarily lost footing and will easily continue to out recruit them but other than MSG being a factor what the heck.

Seton Hall is listed with many kids but who did they get. I don't see us losing most battles against SH and StJ.

You don't see us winning recruiting battles with SJU and the Hall? Is that what you meant to say? we lost a kid to Kentucky and to duke. Lets not go crazy here.

No I edited it. Was a mistake.

we didn't want him for 2017 so its not even a question of losing the guy

Cuse!
Wait, so we wanted him for '18, but not '17? Doesn't make a whole lotta sense...

You don't see us winning recruiting battles with SJU and the Hall? Is that what you meant to say? we lost a kid to Kentucky and to duke. Lets not go crazy here.

Let's not forget we lost a guy to Miami also this year -- and arguably just lost a guy to WKU. I wouldn't be getting all too excited about "technically" not losing out to the Johnnies.

two scholarships left 2017. They love and waiting on Dolejac and need the other for a guard
Ok, so staff thinks Wilson is good enough for offer along with the likes of Bazely and Swider in '18, but would rather have Dolezaj this year instead? Dolezaj really better be AK-47 Part Deux...

Edit: This kid is an actual small forward. Just because forum members say it, doesn't necessarily make Moyer and Brissett 3s...

Last edited:
Ok, so staff thinks Wilson is good enough for offer along with the likes of Bazely and Swider in '18, but would rather have Dolezaj this year instead? Dolezaj really better be AK-47 Part Deux...

Edit: This kid is an actual small forward. Just because forum members say it, doesn't necessarily make Moyer and Brissett 3s...
Check out the comments in the Dolejac thread

Brian, we didn't lose him to St john's. As has been reported, we wanted him for 2018. He has the same skill set of the guys we already have on the team.

We still lost him.

The over reaction is less than expected. Our offer to Sid was not a 17 offer, never was. People have said for a couple months now that we will add a guard and a forward. Chill and see who we get.

The over reaction is less than expected. Our offer to Sid was not a 17 offer, never was. People have said for a couple months now that we will add a guard and a forward. Chill and see who we get.
I think it should also be mentioned that I don't believe he was our number one in his position for 2018 either.

It would have been nice to have him next year, it just sucks that we lost another target.

I was honestly surprised we were in his final 6. It seemed we were so out on him for 2017 and when he announced that he was staying in 2017, I assumed we were done with him. Surprised he kept us included as long as he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom