Class of 2022 - SF Ty Rodgers (MI) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Ty Rodgers (MI) Offered

Writing was on the wall once we got Lands and started prioritizing Taylor.

Yup.

And - the odds of getting him outta B1G land in general, and Michigan in particular, seem pretty long.

Here’s hoping we land Taylor-
would suck if we moved on from this thinking that was our best play, and end up with neither.

Writing was on the wall once we got Lands and started prioritizing Taylor.
I know Rodgers was interviewed shortly after Lands verbaled to Syracuse. He was asked about the Lands verbal and if it affected his status with Syracuse.

He said he thought it did and that he thought Lands had taken the spot he had been recruited for by Syracuse.

I don't think this is a surprise at all.

Last edited:
I know Rodgers was interviewed shortly after Lands verbaled to Syracuse. He was asked about the Lands verbal and if it affected his status with Syracuse.

He said he thought it did and they he thought Lands had taken the spot he had been recruited for by Syracuse.

I don't think this is a surprise at all.

Which totally makes sense. I really, really, really like Rodgers's game. Kid would thrive in our system.

I know that Lands talks about playing guard, but he seems like a perfect 3, as well. Probably don't have room for both. Oh well.

Which totally makes sense. I really, really, really like Rodgers's game. Kid would thrive in our system.

I know that Lands talks about playing guard, but he seems like a perfect 3, as well. Probably don't have room for both. Oh well.

Even as a 3 for us, with his guard skills he would basically be a big third guard and we run a 3G lineup with him and a guy who could slide down if we went for a bigger lineup.

Even as a 3 for us, with his guard skills he would basically be a big third guard and we run a 3G lineup with him and a guy who could slide down if we went for a bigger lineup.

Okay... but we're also recruiting Taylor, JJ, Westry, Copeland, etc.

It is unlikely that we land 3 of them. I didn't include Rogers in the list above. I'd be thrilled if he came here, because I think he's a future NBA player. But I'll also be thrilled if we land 2 of the above... let alone 3 of them.

It is unlikely that we land 3 of them. I didn't include Rogers in the list above. I'd be thrilled if he came here, because I think he's a future NBA player. But I'll also be thrilled if we land 2 of the above... let alone 3 of them.

2 on that list is probably the best we can do I agree. My point was more in terms of Lands seeing himself as a guard than anything about Rodgers. Rodgers wouldn't be manning the 4 spot I don't think but obviously I would also be elated if we snagged him alongside Lands.

Especially with Lands likely to play some SG. Rodgers definitely seems to be the odd man out. Plus, our staff probably realized that Rodgers isn't leaving Michigan.

That's cute they think he is coming to UConn.
Yeah there’s no chance we land him. I think this visit is a result of an existing relationship between he and Luke Murray. More importantly I think it’s a strategic play to establish a future relationship with Meanstreets AAU. When he took over, Hurley has said that his plan was to start by recruiting the Northeast and then start to selectively recruit nationally after some success locally.

Last edited:
Ty finishes Pool Play at Peach Jam averaging 6.9 PPG (62%FG/61%FT/0%3P), 5.2 RPG, 3.7 APG (1.5 TOPG), 1.0 SPG, 0.3 BPG over 7 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom