Class of 2019 - SF Tyrese Samuel 6'7" (Canada) to Seton Hall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Tyrese Samuel 6'7" (Canada) to Seton Hall

If he reclassifies, I would not be surprised in the least if we become a player here, despite what is said in a post above.

As some have said, I don't think the staff is impressed with what is out there. He's not available yet.
If they haven't, shouldn't the staff be laying some groundwork in case this option is available?

Where did you hear this? I was told Syracuse was doing their homework on the situation to see if he can reclassify. We are doing our due diligence here. But to say we are not interested is not true.

Uh huh.

Samuel is a gifted athlete who will eventually be a solid and maybe superb Div 1 player. However, based on the Biosteel game last night, he is a long way from making much of a contribution in '18 if he were to reclassify. He's VERY skinny and his basketball IQ is just starting to develop. In other words, to me he looks like a RS project type if he reclassified. Another year of HS at the prep level would make him a much better prospect...especially if he could add 15-20 lbs and be able to battle with more mature players.

I doubt he is much of an answer for 2018 forward depth. However, he would be a very good addition for 2019 so we'll see how that plays out.

Tyrese Samuel had 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 block in their blowout win last night. He was playing right next to the City Rocks game, so I saw a good bit of this one. He is listed as a 3, but I see him more as a 4.. different body and game compared to his classmates: Whitney or Guerrier. Someone to monitor though.

Had a chance to watch him again on Saturday night as UPlay took on the City Rocks. UPlay was up ten at the half. City Rocks had a big second half effort to get back into and pick up the win. More on that in another thread.

Back to Samuel... he had a solid game, but he was forced to guard Stewart for stretches at times. He battled him, but it was a mismatch in Stewart's favor. Even though he is listed as a SF, I still see Samuel as more of a 4 (not a 5).

How can they be favorites for him and Precious?? Me no likey.

Still think he's a backup plan here. If some of our forwards commit elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if we get back in this

Still think he's a backup plan here. If some of our forwards commit elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if we get back in this
I hope we are still in contact. This 4 star guy can play and his offers are from UConn, Va Tech, K State, South Carolina and TCU. We'd easily be in the running against those teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom