Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a long interview w him on instagram. Thats the latest fad these days with recruits to do instagram live with younger recruiting analysts eg tipton. Some interesting tidbits:

Umass first to offer, cuse second
Cuse has been on him constantly
Also looking at gtown uconn marquette louisville Stanford and kansas. Likes marquette a lot. Kansas hasnt offered yet. If i had to guess, syracuse seems out front
Facetimes w gmac
Doesnt anticipate dragging out recruiting process unnecessarily, prob will commit by peach jam or aau circuit but may do so earlier
Trying to figure out if he wants to stay local or go real far
Academics are important, hence gtown and stanford
He is good friends w dior johnson. Dior was commenting during the interviewing and was commenting negatively about syracuse. Not sure if it was a joke but i dont think it was
Has a younger brother who plays
Nice kid overall

Last edited:
Theres a long interview w him on instagram. Thats the latest fad these days with recruits to do instagram live with younger recruiting analysts eg tipton. Some interesting tidbits:

Umass first to offer, cuse second
Cuse has been on him constantly
Also looking at gtown uconn marquette stanford and kansas. Likes marquette a lot. Kansas hasnt offered yet. If i had to guess, syracuse seems out front
Facetimes w gmac
Doesnt anticipate dragging out recruiting process unnecessarily, prob will commit by peach jam or aau circuit but may do so earlier
Trying to figure out if he wants to stay local or go real far
Academics are important, hence gtown and stanford
He is good friends w dior johnson. Dior was commenting during the interviewing and was commenting negatively about syracuse. Not sure if it was a joke but i dont think it was
Has a younger brother who plays
Nice kid overall
Dior might be the highest rated PG in the class of 2022. Already has offers from 16 schools, might have a chance to break JGIII NYS scoring record.

He went to IMG for ninth grade, broke his foot, changed his mind and is back at Saugerties HS now.

Sounds like we have some work to do with him.

Return of Dior Johnson will be a big boost for Saugerties basketball team

Dior might be the highest rated PG in the class of 2022. Already has offers from 16 schools, might have a chance to break JGIII NYS scoring record.

He went to IMG for ninth grade, broke his foot, changed his mind and is back at Saugerties HS now.

Sounds like we have some work to do with him.

Return of Dior Johnson will be a big boost for Saugerties basketball team

Andre the other day was posting how he wants dior to transfer to albany academy... they seem tight. Maybe it was all in gest. could've been trolling the cuse fans because there were many on there. hard to say.

4EDEB4DC-A960-4317-B030-60680375470C.png

915FE4BE-472B-4662-82C3-A720B7B54396.png

12B5A112-8D62-4D88-840F-615E71A7DD12.png

Judge for yourselves...

i think its fairly straightforward unfortunately.
It could be as simple as Syracuse invited class of 2022 PG prospect JJ Starling of Bville (along with Torrence and Andre Jackson) to its 2018 Elite Camp last August, but did not invite Dior.

Also, I believe Dior has 16 offers to date. As best I can tell, Syracuse is not one of them.

Dior is also only 14 and has some growing up to do. But Memphis is on him big already. But those were some weird comments they didn’t even really make sense lol. Anyways I think on his twitter there’s pictures at the Melo center and stuff I’m not positive if it’s on his Instagram or twitter though. It may have been deleted by now too i dont know.

I try not to look too far ahead with recruiting, to help keep my sanitiy, but now that ISis gone, I figured I'd have a look at this kid to help me with the withdrawal symptoms. Looks impressive, even though the outside shot looked like an alley oop pass at times, lol. If I were the Cuse I'd be on him hard, because I'd love him as a Stevie Thompson type even if his shot still needs work by the time he arrives.

As for this Dior kid, I'd like to see Moqui give him a suplex so he cant tamper with our chances anymore. SUTomcat, any idea why Dior was not invited to the Elite Camp? If he costs us this kid, I wiill not be pleased.

Loving that JGIII looks Mathew Moyeresque with his recruitment tweets! For what it's worth, we seem to have a bit better luck in Eastern NY than Western of late?

Have heard good things about Jackson and that his shot is coming along. My understanding is that Syracuse is in a pretty good spot with him. Have heard negative things about Johnson from a behavior/maturity standpoint.

Anyone know if Andre was in attendance last night like he mentioned might happen the other day? Prolly saw what ya liked if he was there.

Anyone know if Andre was in attendance last night like he mentioned might happen the other day? Prolly saw what ya liked if he was there.
I don't think he was able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors