Class of 2018 - SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton

Just for something to talk about after Cole.

Can this kid play the 3? Maybe he gets an offer now. A lot of people like him, and seem to think he would jump on an offer. I've watched some video, and looked at the numbers, and my opinion is posted.

Still, players develop and he's top 100 for a reason. Someone mentioned Mali like. If he can play D at the 3, and shoot better than his numbers indicate, then maybe he gets an offer.
I watched some video on him and liked him a while back. I thought he was around 45 range in the class. I believe at the time he was listed at 35 or so. I thought that was too high but I think 70-80 is too low. He really struggled in EYBL and obviously that is something. I don't think he is like Mali though. Maybe size wise but he is not an elite shooter. Mali was always a shooter. That was his thing even in high school that is what he was known to do. Jones is more of an athletic kid who can drive and is a capable shooter. I think he is better than a 20% from 3 and 35% from 2 player but he isn't going to be a great shooter so I'm not sure he fits. After we took Hughes I think that took the spot that would have been his. I was one of the people saying I liked Jones months ago but it wasn't because I think we should offer everyone or enjoy complaining or something. Just my opinion.

I watched some video on him and liked him a while back. I thought he was around 45 range in the class. I believe at the time he was listed at 35 or so. I thought that was too high but I think 70-80 is too low. He really struggled in EYBL and obviously that is something. I don't think he is like Mali though. Maybe size wise but he is not an elite shooter. Mali was always a shooter. That was his thing even in high school that is what he was known to do. Jones is more of an athletic kid who can drive and is a capable shooter. I think he is better than a 20% from 3 and 35% from 2 player but he isn't going to be a great shooter so I'm not sure he fits. After we took Hughes I think that took the spot that would have been his. I was one of the people saying I liked Jones months ago but it wasn't because I think we should offer everyone or enjoy complaining or something. Just my opinion.

Good insight. I agree with, well, all of that basically. Don't see us giving him an offer. He seems like he just wouldn't fit in our system, but close. Would probably have to be a 3, but just not quite good enough of a shooter. In between a 2/3 here.

Plus, like you said, Hughes has his spot, and we have plenty of options. I think he will do well somewhere, and probably better for him that it's not here. Almost a Paul Harris type, in a way, who could have excelled at a different school. I love Paul, and glad he was Orange, but just wasn't the fit for him. Not to say he didn't have good career here. Also, he raked me in poker at the TS, so he was solid.

But clearly Buddy is better than him...according to some posters on here :rolleyes:

But clearly Buddy is better than him...according to some posters on here :rolleyes:
Yeah that's kind of crazy(don't think the comparison as an overall player is even close)...but I fully understand that if Carey is our number 1 priority right now, Buddy would be a better fit in the backcourt with him, than Jones would be.

I haven't seen anyone say that. They said Buddy is a better shooter and would rather have him shooting 3's for SU in the future than Jones. We need to add shooting. Buddy is a great shooter with pretty good size and doesn't take up a ship.

I should find the posts. I'm not saying we take Jones instead of Buddy. Buddy is coming here regardless and his shooting is going to be a breathe of fresh air and I'm LOVING how he is performing on the circuit right now...but jones wants to come here and could definitely be a multi-year starter..He's versatile enough to play the back line and up front being 6'6

No point in arguing though. The staff isn't watching him (least I don't think) during this cycle..

I should find the posts. I'm not saying we take Jones instead of Buddy. Buddy is coming here regardless and his shooting is going to be a breathe of fresh air and I'm LOVING how he is performing on the circuit right now...but jones wants to come here and could definitely be a multi-year starter..He's versatile enough to play the back line and up front being 6'6

It's going to be about priorities and how many available ships there are. We need a PG and a big. We have Hughes who the staff loves and Buddy is shipped free. I would expect Jones to be at our elite camp, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
There's still Khalid Moore and Luther Muhammad out there and they seem to be a lot more efficient than Jones.

For the record I wasn't implying anything about Jones being better then buddy or any player we are recruiting. Just stated that it looked like he had a decent game

I like his game, if we had more slots for 18 i would bet the thinking would be different, but there is only so much room

It's going to be about priorities and how many available ships there are. We need a PG and a big. We have Hughes who the staff loves and Buddy is shipped free. I would expect Jones to be at our elite camp, so we'll see what happens.
I just don't see how he fits

Not a good look for Twann. Got tossed in final minute when the game started getting away from E1T1...

Screenshot_20170803-164502.png

From his IG this morning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom