Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding Chair def got posterized in that one clip. So embarrassing, get your hands up Folding Chair!

If only they would switch to the reclining chair defense once in awhile.

If only they would switch to the reclining chair defense once in awhile.

We can wish all we want, but it'll never happen. Let's face it, they just don't recruit the athletes to play that kind of defense.

Just curious why this thread is here on this board. I know he committed but I'm surprised we don't wait until they sign to move them to this board. Especially the '19 guys. The recruiting-obsessed folks don't look at this board for news on guys like this.

Just a thought.

Kids gunna be a stud for us! Facilitating for swider and hitting the 3 ball often...has a really nice dunk in there too..really like this kid

Looking into this kid more, his outside shooting looks like it needs a lot of work. His shot looks nice but the numbers do not look good at all.

It looks like we'll have some shooters in 2019 so I'm not too concerned.

Looking into this kid more, his outside shooting looks like it needs a lot of work. His shot looks nice but the numbers do not look good at all.

I'll have to try and dig up some more info on him but this was a article posted back in April of him. Shot 50% from 3 last year
Brycen Goodine

Stats from his 2017 aau season wasn't the greatest but I don't think that's any indication as to if he needs a ton of work on his shooting or not. Pretty small sample size and swider dominated most games for them i believe.
GameChanger

He's a tremendous slasher but he's making outside shots with regularity. Only a junior too, don't forget.

Why aren't you concerned? (because I think it is the major weakness that needs to be addressed)

The best of this years somewhat pathetic shooting crop will be gone (Battle and Howard). I realize we have Buddy in the fold, but the hope is he doesn't see real minutes until he is an upperclassman. It seems Carey is more a slasher and Baz isn't a shooter (and might be one and done) and Hughes isn't a known shooter. SU/JB has wanted some shooters and missed - Swider/Tucker.

What shooters do you see in 2019?

Just curious why this thread is here on this board. I know he committed but I'm surprised we don't wait until they sign to move them to this board. Especially the '19 guys. The recruiting-obsessed folks don't look at this board for news on guys like this.

Just a thought.

Ya, I don't presume to know how to run the administrative end of this board, but in my mind a kid is a recruit (and not part of the Syracuse program as far as the hoops board is concerned) until he makes it to his first media day.

And sometimes (ahem, Winfred Walton) that landmark doesn't even ensure he's part of the team.

Why aren't you concerned? (because I think it is the major weakness that needs to be addressed)

The best of this years somewhat pathetic shooting crop will be gone (Battle and Howard). I realize we have Buddy in the fold, but the hope is he doesn't see real minutes until he is an upperclassman. It seems Carey is more a slasher and Baz isn't a shooter (and might be one and done) and Hughes isn't a known shooter. SU/JB has wanted some shooters and missed - Swider/Tucker.

What shooters do you see in 2019?
Carey and Baz are both adequate to better than average shooters, but you're right. Baz will be gone, and there is even a pretty good chance that Brissett is gone too, and with the way our players stick around, Carey perhaps right along with him! I just always assume players aren't staying for very long...helps lessen the blow when it really happens!

Other than Buddy...we really don't have shooters locked up yet. Gonna be an area of concern for the rest of that recruiting class. Luckily it is a while away, and we don't know who is staying or going, so it really isn't something we need to worry about until next recruiting cycle.

Carey and Baz are both adequate to better than average shooters, but you're right. Baz will be gone, and there is even a pretty good chance that Brissett is gone too, and with the way our players stick around, Carey perhaps right along with him! I just always assume players aren't staying for very long...helps lessen the blow when it really happens!

Other than Buddy...we really don't have shooters locked up yet. Gonna be an area of concern for the rest of that recruiting class. Luckily it is a while away, and we don't know who is staying or going, so it really isn't something we need to worry about until next recruiting cycle.
I think a sharpshooter 3 is very sought after by Cuse. We could use one now and we need one in the future. The misses on Swider and Tucker hurt.

I think a sharpshooter 3 is very sought after by Cuse. We could use one now and we need one in the future. The misses on Swider and Tucker hurt.
Buddy and from some accounts Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.