Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syracuse-bound guard
Brycen Goodine
is an interesting eval. He was watched by members of his future coaching staff on Sunday when he hit the floor with BABC and he finished with 25 points. However, it has to be noted it took him 25 shots to get to his point total and he was just 2-10 from beyond the three-point line. Goodine can create a shot pretty easily off the dribble and the Rivals150 guard isn't bashful. Strength should come with age, but also important for him is focusing on taking good shots.

Syracuse-bound guard
Brycen Goodine
is an interesting eval. He was watched by members of his future coaching staff on Sunday when he hit the floor with BABC and he finished with 25 points. However, it has to be noted it took him 25 shots to get to his point total and he was just 2-10 from beyond the three-point line. Goodine can create a shot pretty easily off the dribble and the Rivals150 guard isn't bashful. Strength should come with age, but also important for him is focusing on taking good shots.

Tough shooting night maybe...but if bossi did his homework he would realizes goodine is normally a fantastic shooter that does take good shots. I think his babc team isn't very good this year (not having swider hurts) and goodine is probably taking the load of the offense kind like battle did for us.

Also, take this into account. The BABC coach has been running the same four offensive sets for the last 30 yrs with every age group. 1 of three teams that you can get ready for. Brycen is still finding his way as a player due to being in different roles. The lead role is quite new. That is with pressing all game and never coming out. (great stamina) Cuse has grabbed a great one.

Last edited:
Also, take this into account. The BABC coach has been running the same four offensive sets for the last 30 yrs with every age group. One of 2 or three teams that you can get ready for. Brycen is still finding his way as a player due to being in different roles. The lead role is quite new. Cuse has grabbed a great one.

Yes we do have a great one. He’ll be top 50 before it’s all said and done.

I was able to speak with my nephew after each game and the take away from this weekend was this. He has realized that he can blow by any defender that is put on him. His layups were not falling and his words were "I was to worried about the shot blocker", "I just need to finish". All of us close to him were happy to see him play aggressive. Especially posting up when he had a smaller defender on him.

He did play center when he was younger. We would tell him that it will pay off when you get older and have smaller guys on you. Like I said, the leadership role is rather new on this level (he did lead Bishop Stang while he was there). He is a kid that loves basketball and bball when it is played the right way. So, when you watch and hear from this yrs EYBL, know that he is in a big learning curve and happy to take such a task on.

I was able to speak with my nephew after each game and the take away from this weekend was this. He has realized that he can blow by any defender that is put on him. His layups were not falling and his words were "I was to worried about the shot blocker", "I just need to finish". All of us close to him were happy to see him play aggressive. Especially posting up when he had a smaller defender on him.

He did play center when he was younger. We would tell him that it will pay off when you get older and have smaller guys on you. Like I said, the leadership role is rather new on this level (he did lead Bishop Stang while he was there). He is a kid that loves basketball and bball when it is played the right way. So, when you watch and hear from this yrs EYBL, know that he is in a big learning curve and happy to take such a task on.

Thank you for the insights. We really appreciate it.

We all think he's going to be a really terrific player. Can't wait to get him on campus! We've got to start filling the class around him!

Also, take this into account. The BABC coach has been running the same four offensive sets for the last 30 yrs with every age group. 1 of three teams that you can get ready for. Brycen is still finding his way as a player due to being in different roles. The lead role is quite new. That is with pressing all game and never coming out. (great stamina) Cuse has grabbed a great one.
Perfect fit as we've been running the same 4 sets on offense for the last 30 years too.

Really hope we hang onto his commitment and HW stays. 2019 class of PGs is weak. Even Carey staying would be real good news

Status
Not open for further replies.