Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a tough first 2 games. He took an elbow to the face early in the 1st game. He did go back in and play it out. He was taken to the ER and there wasn't any fractures. Bruised up with a major headache. This was from the next day's game. Will see what tomorrow brings.
Appreciate the updates!

Appreciate the updates!
You're welcome. I have been following this thread since the beginning, thought that y'all diehards could use some of the real scoop. I was the uncle that had him watch MCW. This is hard for me being here, due to the fact that i am a PC fan. Yes, I have some blood history with Cuse. I have not bought a jersey yet.

Enjoyed watching Brycen play tonight even though he didn't shoot the ball all that well tonight (5 for 18 overall and 0 for 5 from doentown). His handle and play making ability was on display. Very active on defense. We are getting a good one. Only going to get better and jump up the ranks. Glad we got him early...

BABC had the lead for the majority of this game but lost it late.

Enjoyed watching Brycen play tonight even though he didn't shoot the ball all that well tonight (5 for 18 overall and 0 for 5 from doentown). His handle and play making ability was on display. Very active on defense. We are getting a good one. Only going to get better and jump up the ranks. Glad we got him early...

BABC had the lead for the majority of this game but lost it late.
In your opinion, why did he struggle with his outside shot? His stroke looks pretty good in the videos that I have seen.

In your opinion, why did he struggle with his outside shot? His stroke looks pretty good in the videos that I have seen.
He does have a very nice stroke, no doubt... shots just weren't falling. They were also playing the other Boston area team and the game was pretty physical... he took some contact on a couple that weren't called.

We will be lucky to have Brycen in Orange. I was really impressed with his ball handling and vision to distribute. You can tell that has been more of a focus. Compared to Whitney and Guerrier, BG could add some more muscle.

Another complete game for Brycen...
He saw my 'Cuse shirt during his warm-ups tonight and gave a big smile. I spoke to him after the game for a minute. Very polite and thankful young man. Asked him how he likes playing point. He said he can play either spot. Told him we are excited to see him in Orange!

Another complete game for Brycen...
He saw my 'Cuse shirt during his warm-ups tonight and gave a big smile. I spoke to him after the game for a minute. Very polite and thankful young man. Asked him how he likes playing point. He said he can play either spot. Told him we are excited to see him in Orange!
Did anyone see the envelope, or did you keep it well hidden? Asking for my friend, Mark.

Brycen had a monster game to close out his Atlanta Session. Just haven't had a chance to write anything up.

This morning...
31 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 turnovers. 10 for 20 from field, 4 for 7 from three, 7 for 7 from the line.

Brycen had a monster game to close out his Atlanta Session. Just haven't had a chance to write anything up.

This morning...
31 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 turnovers. 10 for 20 from field, 4 for 7 from three, 7 for 7 from the line.

He told me that he was suprised and excited when he saw you. His hardwork is starting to pay off. He will have to lead his team this year at St Andrews. Cole will not be there, so you got the chance to see him in the early stages of his new role of being the leader. He will be the lead scorer while being the top defender will test his character this year. He said that he is up for the challenge.

He told me that he was suprised and excited when he saw you. His hardwork is starting to pay off. He will have to lead his team this year at St Andrews. Cole will not be there, so you got the chance to see him in the early stages of his new role of being the leader. He will be the lead scorer while being the top defender will test his character this year. He said that he is up for the challenge.

It was a pleasure watching him play live this weekend and speaking with him. You can tell he has a good head on his shoulders. And he definitely sounded like he is up for the challenge. I look forward to seeing him continue to progress and grow over the next year. Thanks for the extra insight you can share with us as well. Go Brycen! Let's go Orange!

Brycen's 4-game ATL numbers...

Scoring and shooting numbers are obviously trending in the right direction.

Over those 4 games, BG also averaged 3.5 reb, 3.8 ast, 1.8 stl, and 3 to.

I'm confident his turnover will go down as he works on fine tuning his point skills. Hard worker. Determined.

giphy.gif

Our boy got 3rd Team in Atlanta...

EYBL Atlanta stats: 24.5 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3.5 APG, 1.8 SPG
Full season stats

Game 1: 18 PTS, 6 REB, 6 AST, 3 STL
Game 2: 21 PTS, 4 REB, AST
Game 3: 28 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST, 2 STL
Game 4: 31 PTS, 4 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL

Brycen Goodine improved his statistics in each game in Atlanta, finishing the session with a 31-point, 4-rebound performance in a one-point defeat to MOKAN Elite. BABC has gotten everything they expected and more from Goodine, who has proven to be one of the top scoring guards in the junior class. Goodine's numbers indicate exactly what he is; a two-way player who can make plays with the EYBL's best. BABC will need a perfect fourth session to contend for a Peach Jam bid, which means a lot more production from Goodine in Hampton, Virginia next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.