Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree - and it is absolutely nothing against this kid - but you would think, almost by definition, that this means that we won't be getting at least 1 or 2 of K Battle, Lecque, or Guerrier.

A bird in the hand and all, and you definitely like it when kids know where they want to be, and decide early.
Him being a take now, means the staff is apparently OK on passing on at least 1 or more of those guys.

Or perhaps the tea leaves were reading that we weren't going to get one (or more) of them anyway?
The staff wouldn't have taken him this early if he wasn't an A-lister.

maybe I'm reading you wrong but it seems like you thought this was a consolation price. Believe me, it wasn't. Those guys might be better players in the long run. Who knows? But this is the kid that we really wanted. I can assure you of that. Terrific shooter.

I'm rooting for the kid, I've seen or heard very little about him that's all. I haven't heard one person say this is THE GUY we wanted, but, I'm happy that's the case. I also acknowledged the staff is actual basketball talent evaluators and that I'm currently sitting on my couch drinking a beer.

I have to agree - and it is absolutely nothing against this kid - but you would think, almost by definition, that this means that we won't be getting at least 1 or 2 of K Battle, Lecque, or Guerrier.

A bird in the hand and all, and you definitely like it when kids know where they want to be, and decide early.
Him being a take now, means the staff is apparently OK on passing on at least 1 or more of those guys.

Or perhaps the tea leaves were reading that we weren't going to get one (or more) of them anyway?
Or now we can really go after the one we want.

Good! Glad we are pulling in our targets! I don't know what your problem with me is. All I did was point out that the staff either feels like we are out on some of the guys I happened to be more familiar with or they like this kid more.
Or maybe they think Carey is one and done (if we get him). With Frank graduating, we'd probably have enough room to add K Battle and Lecque. Not sure we'd get both of them though. Lecque could also reclassify to 2018 and end up at Cuse if we don't get Carey.

I just can't tell you guys how excited I am about this get. We are recruiting like we once did. This kid is going to blow up.
Looks like a great prospect, clearly the MCL tear and partial ACL tear are the reasons the major offers aren't there along with the stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.