Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't tell you guys how excited I am about this get. We are recruiting like we once did. This kid is going to blow up.
Agreed. Tell me about his knee. Serious? He might be a five star without it.

Battle and a PG still clearly fit.

Carey/Roberts come on down. Maybe one more but let's nail another or two in 2019...

everyone else is happy so I will be too

ottodancegif-3931ac0d4e6ca625.gif

Is this kid a legit 6'4"? If so he is just starting his junior year and if he grew another inch or two could maybe play some 3 like Mali did. Not sure if the staff is thinking that with him but I know that has been discussed with the younger Battle.

This is THE kid we wanted, rankings are meaningless 24 Mos in advance for non top 10 kids, trust the staff, all 3 of the other kids are on our board, we like them all, plus we have another wing that is not listed on the on the recruiting board, Gerry nailed it, did an amazing job, like Dasher said, we are recruiting like we used to, Brycen has been staff focus for long-time, he will be top 50 within 12 months.

Will posting another cryptic message soon.

I'm rooting for the kid, I've seen or heard very little about him that's all. I haven't heard one person say this is THE GUY we wanted, but, I'm happy that's the case. I also acknowledged the staff is actual basketball talent evaluators and that I'm currently sitting on my couch drinking a beer.

Is this kid a legit 6'4"? If so he is just starting his junior year and if he grew another inch or two could maybe play some 3 like Mali did. Not sure if the staff is thinking that with him but I know that has been discussed with the younger Battle.
maybe but wouldn't count on a significant growth spurt: he's an "old" junior; was originally class of 2018

This is THE kid we wanted, rankings are meaningless 24 Mos in advance for non top 10 kids, trust the staff, all 3 of the other kids are on our board, we like them all, plus we have another wing that is not listed on the on the recruiting board, Gerry nailed it, did an amazing job, like Dasher said, we are recruiting like we used to, Brycen has been staff focus for long-time, he will be top 50 within 12 months.

QUOTE="CraigForth, post: 2301906, member: 4143"]I'm rooting for the kid, I've seen or heard very little about him that's all. I haven't heard one person say this is THE GUY we wanted, but, I'm happy that's the case. I also acknowledged the staff is actual basketball talent evaluators and that I'm currently sitting on my couch drinking a beer.
[/QUOTE]

Good having you back buddy,

QUOTE="CraigForth, post: 2301906, member: 4143"]I'm rooting for the kid, I've seen or heard very little about him that's all. I haven't heard one person say this is THE GUY we wanted, but, I'm happy that's the case. I also acknowledged the staff is actual basketball talent evaluators and that I'm currently sitting on my couch drinking a beer.
[/QUOTE]

I'll take the cryptic messages every day if they lead to this type of commitments dreamy! :rolling:

I guess for me the worry is his knees because how they hell does everyone know that they will hold up? We can't afford to spend a scholarship for a player that may barely see the floor if he is injured all the time. Obviously this is not to suggest he will at all but it is still a concern.
Btw before today nobody on the board even mentioned this kids name...normally we at least have a name of someone we are recruiting. If people on here as so fearful of posting information about anything related to recruiting because it compromises their sources why they hell do they even bother being on here?

I guess for me the worry is his knees because how they hell does everyone know that they will hold up? We can't afford to spend a scholarship for a player that may barely see the floor if he is injured all the time. Obviously this is not to suggest he will at all but it is still a concern.
Btw before today nobody on the board even mentioned this kids name...normally we at least have a name of someone we are recruiting. If people on here as so fearful of posting information about anything related to recruiting because it compromises their sources why they hell do they even bother being on here?

He was brought up not too long ago when he came for elite camp a few weeks ago...however some have lead on bits and pieces that someone was on our radar and very high on our coaching staffs list even before that but they just couldn't say much more I guess so it's not like it came completely out of no where...obviously our staff got a very good look at this kid when they were recruiting swider hard this summer and must have liked what they saw.

Bad night's sleep?

It was one injury, correct? That doesn't mean "hurt all the time". CJ Fair's ranking was kept down due to a knee tear(forget which ligament) that caused him to be out for awhile, and I don't recall him ever injured at Cuse. Once he recovered, he was fine.

Bad night's sleep?

It was one injury, correct? That doesn't mean "hurt all the time". CJ Fair's ranking was kept down due to a knee tear(forget which ligament) that caused him to be out for awhile, and I don't recall him ever injured at Cuse. Once he recovered, he was fine.
LOL - just Syracuse fans, Syracuse fanning

Bad night's sleep?

Good point

We want them both.
Brycen's HS coach Mike Hart says he is going to play PG this year at St Andrew's and he thinks that is where he is going to end up playing in college. I expect he will play some PG at SU, and might end up playing there exclusively, though we will have to see how he does in HS this year.

The staff is collecting some elite athletes. It was painfully obvious last season that Syracuse was not as athletic as many of their ACC opponents. I think that is going to change shortly.

Brycen's HS coach Mike Hart says he is going to play PG this year at St Andrew's and he thinks that is where he is going to end up playing in college. I expect he will play some PG at SU, and might end up playing there exclusively, though we will have to see how he does in HS this year.

The staff is collecting some elite athletes. It was painfully obvious last season that Syracuse was not as athletic as many of their ACC opponents. I think that is going to change shortly.

Seeing he was originally 2018, and Hart says he will be a PG, possible a reclass and the backup option if Carey goes elsewhere?

Dude it's an ACL tear. How did Brandon Triche, Eric Devendoft and CJ Fair's knees hold up?

I'm excited. Jonny Flynn, Dion Waiters, MCW and (I think) Fair and Lydon were early commits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.