Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

would definitely be an interesting reclass of “retroactive” 5-stars. The 2006 recruiting class, faired well. Players like Augustin, Earl Clark, Steph, Westbrook, taj Gibson, ryan Anderson,, etc werent 5 stars in that class either
I always thought Earl Clark would have looked great in Orange. He and Kevin Jones from West Virginia.

I always thought Earl Clark would have looked great in Orange. He and Kevin Jones from West Virginia.
That win in Morgantown 2010 will be stuck in my head for the rest of time. I thought for sure Jones was hitting a winner.

I imagine we would check-in here especially if we miss out on Moore and plan on going to a 3-guard lineup.

Remember when we thought we were going to have a class of Zion Cruz, Chance Westry and Dior Johnson?

Dior- DNP, domestic violence arrest
Chance- 11 games, averaged 2ppg and then med redshirt
Zion- played in 27 games, averaged 2.4 ppg on 33% shooting on a 10-23 DePaul team that had dozens of fans at every home game (do parents still count as fans?)

Remember when we thought we were going to have a class of Zion Cruz, Chance Westry and Dior Johnson?

Dior- DNP, domestic violence arrest
Chance- 11 games, averaged 2ppg and then med redshirt
Zion- played in 27 games, averaged 2.4 ppg on 33% shooting on a 10-23 DePaul team that had dozens of fans at every home game (do parents still count as fans?)
Remember, the real victory was just by being involved with those recruits.

I don't think we should be sold guys are necessarily good just because they were a former 5 star or high 4 star recruit. We've seen that with our own guys.
ok - help me here. JB used to be really good at identifying talent, or at least most of us thought he was. Did that skill go by the wayside because he wasn't really watching kids play anymore, or was all just luck to begin with? There are a handful of players every year that are sure things, the rest seem like a total crap shoot.

ok - help me here. JB used to be really good at identifying talent, or at least most of us thought he was. Did that skill go by the wayside because he wasn't really watching kids play anymore, or was all just luck to begin with? There are a handful of players every year that are sure things, the rest seem like a total crap shoot.
JB was very good at identifying talent early, often other coaches would begin recruiting his recruits after he did, but over time his ability to land these recruits diminished. He was in after Clingan very early, also Andre on UConn but landed neither.
It is a fact of life that players are more hesitant to sign with older coaches and JB had just reached the end of the line.

JB was very good at identifying talent early, often other coaches would begin recruiting his recruits after he did, but over time his ability to land these recruits diminished. He was in after Clingan very early, also Andre on UConn but landed neither.
It is a fact of life that players are more hesitant to sign with older coaches and JB had just reached the end of the line.
He also identified Westry and Cruz. (not to mention Carey, Goodine, Joseph etc.) I know they are young, but they haven't shown much so far.

Westry had his knee scoped before the season (I believe with Pearl), and likely rushed his return. Kid was/is very talented, but knees are very fickle.

Westry had his knee scoped before the season (I believe with Pearl), and likely rushed his return. Kid was/is very talented, but knees are very fickle.

This explains his poor showing in his first year at Auburn!​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom