Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

If it seems like Moore will not portal and it is questionable that Judah will return, the more reason to go strongly after Westry. Lock in what is available then see what remains.

You get rid of Taylor and you will end up wishing you didn't.
Why? If he was recruited to play one style of basketball and doesn't fit the new style, wish him well and we'll find others to replace him.

I like his game but unless he's content with being a 10-15 minute a game shooter off the bench I'm not sure he'd want to stick around

Westry would be a great pickup. It's a no brainer for SU to try to land him for next year. Especially if Judah moves on, we would still have 2 strong/athletic guards, as well as a couple freshman from last year that would provide some nice guard depth. I think I read that Westry's representatives contacted SU staff to see if there was mutual interest.

It seems like we spent a lot of time and posts regarding Chance Westry when he was a high school recruit. Not sure if we even made his final three selection. it is interesting that his camp reached out to Syracuse. I always thought that if it was Chance‘s decision to make, he would had selected Syracuse.

Now, we hear that his camp has reached out to Syracuse. While I still have good faith in his skills even though he was injured, if he does decide to come to Syracuse and there is mutual interest, I hope that he leaves his camp whenever it is and they don’t get involve with Chance at Syracuse.

It seems like we spent a lot of time and posts regarding Chance Westry when he was a high school recruit. Not sure if we even made his final three selection. it is interesting that his camp reached out to Syracuse. I always thought that if it was Chance‘s decision to make, he would had selected Syracuse.

Now, we hear that his camp has reached out to Syracuse. While I still have good faith in his skills even though he was injured, if he does decide to come to Syracuse and there is mutual interest, I hope that he leaves his camp whenever it is and they don’t get involve with Chance at Syracuse.
I believe Westry wanted to come to SU and his Dad wasn't too keen on us. This time, hopefully pops will let son follow his heart. Westry is a major talent who was hurt last year and didn't get a chance to bounce back and show his talents. If healthy, I believe he can provide us with major and substantive minutes.

I believe Westry wanted to come to SU and his Dad wasn't too keen on us. This time, hopefully pops will let son follow his heart. Westry is a major talent who was hurt last year and didn't get a chance to bounce back and show his talents. If healthy, I believe he can provide us with major and substantive minutes.
That's part of it. Then, as his dad and representatives began to make increasingly larger demands and requests for financial compensation, many of the schools that were initially recruited to pocket veto and cast their nets elsewhere. So we didn't come close to making his final three, but that was by our choice. That's how he ended up at a place like LSU, after they had just canned their cheating coach. They offered the biggest bag.

Hopefully, his camp has learned from their mistakes the first time around, and want to place him in a situation that will maximize his long-term potential as an NBA prospect over short-term financial potential.

That's part of it. Then, as his dad and representatives began to make increasingly larger demands and requests for financial compensation, many of the schools that were initially recruited to pocket veto and cast their nets elsewhere. So we didn't come close to making his final three, but that was by our choice. That's how he ended up at a place like LSU, after they had just canned their cheating coach. They offered the biggest bag.

Hopefully, his camp has learned from their mistakes the first time around, and want to place him in a situation that will maximize his long-term potential as an NBA prospect over short-term financial potential.
Spot on, just that it was Auburn but I think LSU was a finalist

It's going to be friggin' wild if we end up with Mintz, Starling, and Westry on the roster at the same time.
Four guard lineup with Dior? Nerlens Noel as big man coach?
no-eddie-murphy.gif

Why? If he was recruited to play one style of basketball and doesn't fit the new style, wish him well and we'll find others to replace him.

I like his game but unless he's content with being a 10-15 minute a game shooter off the bench I'm not sure he'd want to stick around
We don't know what Reds style is yet. We don't know what his(Taylor) minutes will be yet. I hope he comes in and competes and we all find out. Sounds like Rackman likes Taylors game and I am willing to wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom