Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

So we are heavily recruiting 8(?) guys.
Clingan
Westry
Flip
Taylor
Starling
Copeland
Bunch
Lands (committed)
(Anyone else?)

what if they all wanted to commit today? How many do we take? Who do we say no to?

Clingan
Westry
Flip
Taylor
Starling
Copeland
Bunch
Lands (committed)
(Anyone else?)

what if they all wanted to commit today? How many do we take? Who do we say no to?

It never happens that way so we take first come first serve. All of these guys are good enough that we aren’t going to wait on anyone.

Clingan
Westry
Flip
Taylor
Starling
Copeland
Bunch
Lands (committed)
(Anyone else?)

We have learned (hopefully) from the putting all of our eggs in one basket approach, as it has come back to bite us in the past.

It never happens that way so we take first come first serve. All of these guys are good enough that we aren’t going to wait on anyone.
Of course. How many do you think we take? 5? Which would you personally leave off if it were up to you?

Of course. How many do you think we take? 5? Which would you personally leave off if it were up to you?

Lands-Bird in hand
JJ-Don't think he comes here, but he's an elite talent
Taylor-Shooting wins these days
Filipowski-Versatile big

I think its going to be difficult to get more than 4 guys due to concerns about PT

I think its more likely we get:

Lands
Westry
Taylor
Bunch

Imo over the course of all the recruitments Lands and Westry have consistently been the most impressive all around talents. Flip and Taylor are very impressive too. Starling’s come a long way in just the past 6-12 months.

Clingan
Westry
Flip
Taylor
Starling
Copeland
Bunch
Lands (committed)
(Anyone else?)

Just my guess ...

Westry, Taylor, Starling - we take the first two who commit, the third misses out (and has no shortage of good programs falling over themselves to take him)

We only take Copeland if we miss out on both Westry and Starling.

Flip and Clingan we take on the spot if they commit.

We only take Bunch and others if we miss out on Flip. We will end up with a second forward in this class but we will only take a center if it's someone the staff really likes.

My guess is we end up with a class of 4. A class of 3 probably means we missed out on someone we wanted. A class of 5 means we killed it.

Lands-Bird in hand
JJ-Don't think he comes here, but he's an elite talent
Taylor-Shooting wins these days
Filipowski-Versatile big

I think its going to be difficult to get more than 4 guys due to concerns about PT

I think its more likely we get:

Lands
Westry
Taylor
Bunch
I feel that we need at least one capable big man either a PF/C that can play offense and defense. Filipowski or Clingan could fill the role if one would decide to commit. If neither decide to commit early to Syracuse, we move to others like Duke Brennan and other big men.

reread his post. Clingan wouldn’t have to know.

I don't think they are really overlapping. Westry is here 17-18, Clingan 18-20. They may spend a bit of time on the 18th, but I don't get the impression it's for one to try to convince the other to come.

Randomly logged into Instagram today for the first time in a long while. Chance has a picture of himself posing that was reposted by Kiyan. It just says underneath "my brother " gotta be a good sign the youngins are chattering.
I was going to post that I didn't think you randomly logged in to Instagram, but it appears there was a degree of Chance involved.

Just my guess ...

Westry, Taylor, Starling - we take the first two who commit, the third misses out (and has no shortage of good programs falling over themselves to take him)

We only take Copeland if we miss out on both Westry and Starling.

Flip and Clingan we take on the spot if they commit.

We only take Bunch and others if we miss out on Flip. We will end up with a second forward in this class but we will only take a center if it's someone the staff really likes.

My guess is we end up with a class of 4. A class of 3 probably means we missed out on someone we wanted. A class of 5 means we killed it.

I do wonder if Copeland is a first year phenom or is he a 2 yr or more guy where he comes in but not to start. Not sure in this current pro player environment it makes any difference but...

So playing the speculation game... If Chance pulls the trigger after his visit who would be the next domino after that?

So playing the speculation game... If Chance pulls the trigger after his visit who would be the next domino after that?

1623854726410.png

I do wonder if Copeland is a first year phenom or is he a 2 yr or more guy where he comes in but not to start. Not sure in this current pro player environment it makes any difference but...
He certainly has the physical attributes to be one of those guys that the NBA drools over and he bounces if he shows immediate promise. Not saying it'll happen but super long PGs are right in that wheelhouse.

Clingan
Westry
Flip
Taylor
Starling
Copeland
Bunch
Lands (committed)
(Anyone else?)

I would guess there are probably some that are under the radar/our involvement isn't known publicly, but that certainly looks like the constellation of guys we're hearing the most about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom