Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

He has zero chance of making the NBA at this point. He needs 2 more years minimum.

To where, the CBL?
A year ago did you see Oshea playing for the Raptors this season? He was whipping boy #2 all of last year. Yet he left after his soph season and it's worked out ok so far. Point being it is ridiculous to project out too far. It is hardly inconceivable that Q improves enough to take a chance at the league or another pro opportunity. I hope he stays. Love having a toughass junkyard dog. It's been forever. But let's see how he does next year before we make definitive declarations.

Last edited:
A year ago did you see Oshea playing for the Raptors this season? He was whipping boy #2 all of last year. Yet he left after his soph season and it's worked out ok so far. Point being it is ridiculous to project out too far. I'm is hardly inconceivable that Q improves enough to take a chance at the league or another pro opportunity. I hope he stays. Love having a toughass junkyard dog. It's been forever. But let's see how he does next year before we make definitive declarations.
Much taller player. 6'6" PF are passe in the NBA
Quincy's game is under the basket, and his shot is slow. Also, I don't think he can guard on the perimeter, unlike O'Shea.

Much taller player. 6'6" PF are passe in the NBA
Quincy's game is under the basket, and his shot is slow. Also, I don't think he can guard on the perimeter, unlike O'Shea.

Well then an argument can be made that he should leave for other pro properties as soon as he could, if the NBA is never going to be an option.

Oshea had measurables and nothing else. Remember his effective field goal percentage? Frighteningly low.

I'm not saying Q goes early. I'm saying that those that assume he will be here for 4 years are not living in the reality that is modern college basketball.

i have zero doubts Quincy will be in the NBA by 2022.

this kids bodying ACC competition and improves each game. He’s a mix of Rak and FR CJ Fair imo. He’s only going to get better. Handles and jumpshots improve.

I assume we may be considering him as a SF with JG3/Dior up top. Goodine would be a Senior and Carey could theoretically still be around.

Quincy, Woody and Braswell could all be aT F too

I’d take these problems

this kids bodying ACC competition and improves each game. He’s a mix of Rak and FR CJ Fair imo. He’s only going to get better. Handles and jumpshots improve.
We will see how he does with Louisville and FSU. I love the kid, but Q to the NBA is such an Orange colored glasses thing.
Buddy has a more sought after NBA skill than Q.

i believe he's a better shooter than he has shown in games so far. i bet he'll show it in game action by junior year if not sooner
I agree. I think he understands that he best serves this team as a rebounder and inside force. He may take a jumper here and there, but when he comes in, he goes to work. There are a lot of guys that wouldn’t embrace that role. He strikes me as a team player, and that will help him succeed in the long run.

This kid is already 6-5, still has 2 years before he would get here. If he grows another inch or two he is athletic and good enough where you can slide him between the 2 guard and small forward spots.

Ideally we could have a lineup of
Pg-Dior
Sg-JG3
Sf-Westry

with Cruz coming off the bench in a dion role. If we are in a pinch you could move Westry to the 2 guard. This is all a LONGGGGG ways out but these are realistic possibilities at this point.

Not many 6’7” PF’s in the league these days. He’ll have to improve he handle, shooting and develop a face up game.

Not many 6’7” PF’s in the league these days. He’ll have to improve he handle, shooting and develop a face up game.
Have full faith that he will

the times they are a-changin'
2020-02-09_21-34-08.jpg

You do realize he stands in the corner and shoots 3s all game right?...Guerrier is more than a few years away from doing that...
no, really?

of course i realize that

my point was about the old-school thought about sizes and positions

Why are we talking about Guerrier? He's playing great recently, physical on the interior but he is very raw. Agree that NBA talk is a ways away for him. People saying they're sure his J and handle will improve is nice, but complete speculation.

This kid is already 6-5, still has 2 years before he would get here. If he grows another inch or two he is athletic and good enough where you can slide him between the 2 guard and small forward spots.

Ideally we could have a lineup of
Pg-Dior
Sg-JG3
Sf-Westry

with Cruz coming off the bench in a dion role. If we are in a pinch you could move Westry to the 2 guard. This is all a LONGGGGG ways out but these are realistic possibilities at this point.
My only concern with this thought is -

Zion is a stud, he’d be an instant starter most places. If he came here, he’d be the #3 guard behind a 4yr starter and the best freshman PG in the nation. Hard to imagine how many minutes he’ll get.

Also, Dior is one and done - so while Dior snd JG3 will both be gone when Zion is a sophomore and minutes will be plentiful; the guy he came here to play with will be gone. Granted, Westry will still be around most likely.

I’m all for it but we will already have 2 seniors in Goodine and JG3 and then Dior who will absolutely get a load of minutes. Unless someone can play the 3

My only concern with this thought is -

Zion is a stud, he’d be an instant starter most places. If he came here, he’d be the #3 guard behind a 4yr starter and the best freshman PG in the nation. Hard to imagine how many minutes he’ll get.

Also, Dior is one and done - so while Dior snd JG3 will both be gone when Zion is a sophomore and minutes will be plentiful; the guy he came here to play with will be gone. Granted, Westry will still be around most likely.

I’m all for it but we will already have 2 seniors in Goodine and JG3 and then Dior who will absolutely get a load of minutes. Unless someone can play the 3
Understand what you are saying but luckily our coaches have a precedent for this. We just tell Zion about Dion. He was our third guard and first player off the bench that went on to be a top 5 pick.

Understand what you are saying but luckily our coaches have a precedent for this. We just tell Zion about Dion. He was our third guard and first player off the bench that went on to be a top 5 pick.

eh, i dont see it. Dion wasnt happy doing that. I highly doubt our coaches would take that approach with zion. Zion will believe hes the best player on the team and will want to start if thats the case.

i believe he's a better shooter than he has shown in games so far. i bet he'll show it in game action by junior year if not sooner
Isn't games the only place that your shooting ability is proven.
Being a great practice shooter is like being a batting cage home run king.
That said, based on his FTs, I think, in time, his in game % on 3pt tries will improve.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom