Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

Sweetcorn lol...this one is strange! Seems like a wasted official unless he legitimately has strong interest in playing in the corn fields...Is there a family connection here or something?

Sweetcorn lol...this one is strange! Seems like a wasted official unless he legitimately has strong interest in playing in the corn fields...Is there a family connection here or something?

The mayor gets a lot of official visits… I think rocks kid went there to

SmartSelect_20210605-080518_Instagram.jpg

Not the right colors Chance
View attachment 201865
This feels like handlers calling the shots situation. I mean, Nebraska? Come on. I know Hoiberg is the head coach but yea, no, there’s no track record at that program, and who wants to play in flyover corn fields at an also-ran program? If this is ultimately Chance’s decision to make, I think he’ll pick Cuse. He’s a Cuse fan, and his parents can come up from Pennsylvania to see most of his games. Plus he’ll get immediate playing time and be a key player right away.

Last edited:
This feels like handlers calling the shots situation. I mean, Nebraska? Come on. I know Hoiberg is the head coach but yea, no, there’s no track record at that program, and who wants to play in flyover corn fields at an also-ran program? If this is ultimately Chance’s decision to make, I think he’ll pick Cuse. He’s a Cuse fan, and his parents can come up from Pennsylvania to see most of his games. Plus he’ll get immediate playing time and be a key player right away.
This doesn't feel kosher to me. No offense against Nebraska or "the Mayor" Fred Hoiberg, but we already had reports of this kid wanting to verbal and being dissuaded by those around him. Not sure what this Nebraska visit means exactly, but if he's really being guided away from SU, then anything can happen, no? Who's to say that when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, he'll be able to stick to his guns and finally come to us?

Last edited:
The allure of playing for Fred Hoiberg, if you can call it that, is literally the only thing that Nebraska basketball has for recruiting. I usually try to be objective, but if this goes anything beyond an official visit, I'm calling shenanigans

The allure of playing for Fred Hoiberg, if you can call it that, is literally the only thing that Nebraska basketball has for recruiting. I usually try to be objective, but if this goes anything beyond an official visit, I'm calling shenanigans
The problems for Nebraska are 1.) Nebraska football; and, 2.) Creighton basketball. 'Husker hoops is junior to both of them.

The problems for Nebraska are 1.) Nebraska football; and, 2.) Creighton basketball. 'Husker hoops is junior to both of them.
I think you’re underselling Nebraska’s problems here - they def have more LOL

I don’t think Nebraska cares enough about basketball to cheat at it

Chance is getting more good pub. This time out in Vegas at the Pangos All-American Camp. The video (in IG stories) I've seen shows off his passing. In addition to passing, some recruiting guys are mentioning his pesky defense and scoring potential.

Some other players of interest that were invited to this camp...
Jason Hart II
Zion Cruz
Quadir Copeland
Chris Bunch
Matas Buzelis
**Ty Rodgers listed as an alternate

Chance is getting more good pub. This time out in Vegas at the Pangos All-American Camp. The video (in IG stories) I've seen shows off his passing. In addition to passing, some recruiting guys are mentioning his pesky defense and scoring potential.

Some other players of interest that were invited to this camp...
Jason Hart II
Zion Cruz
Quadir Copeland
Chris Bunch
Matas Buzelis
**Ty Rodgers listed as an alternate

Sounds like interest in Cruz has mutually sailed?….

Not hearing anything related to him or us.

Will Chance & Quadir play with and/or against each other while there?
That would be incredibly interesting if so.

Sounds like interest in Cruz has mutually sailed?….

Not hearing anything related to him or us.

Will Chance & Quadir play with and/or against each other while there?
That would be incredibly interesting if so.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it. Chance is on Team Stanford. Quadir is on Team FSU.

Bunch and Buzelis are on Team Oregon.
Cruz is on Team Dook. (insert puke emoji)

Screenshot_20210607-220218_Chrome.jpg

The Pangos tournament has what they call the cream of the crop games, the best players of the 105 at the tournament the last few days. One game of the top 30 players and another of the next 30. Westry and Bunch made the second thirty as well as Hart. Copeland didn’t make it. The one guy we’re recruiting that I know of that made the top 30 game was Matas Buzelis and he’s 2023.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom