Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

The Pangos tournament has what they call the cream of the crop games, the best players of the 105 at the tournament the last few days. One game of the top 30 players and another of the next 30. Westry and Bunch made the second thirty as well as Hart. Copeland didn’t make it. The one guy we’re recruiting that I know of that made the top 30 game was Matas Buzelis and he’s 2023.

Cruz and Gayle were in the first 30.

Buzelis was in the second 30 and on the same team as Westry/Bunch.

Cruz and Gayle were in the first 30.

Buzelis was in the second 30 and on the same team as Westry/Bunch.

yea I read the sheets backwards searching for names.

People don't like Pearl at Auburn and that guy at LSU for what are unethical approaches. Chances family just through the course of reading this thread don't exactly strike me as people who could be influenced by those approaches. Not concerned. Let him visit...

Bring back the throw-up emoji...
Screenshot_20210609-211454_Instagram.jpg

Than why is he wasting visits on Nebraska and Auburn?
Because that's part of the process? Kind of strange seeing people fretting over Nebraska, LSU and Auburn. WGaF if he takes a trip? Maybe he has never been to those parts of the country and was like why not? Its free...gets some swag...goes places he has never maybe been...not a big deal.

Because that's part of the process? Kind of strange seeing people fretting over Nebraska, LSU and Auburn. WGaF if he takes a trip? Maybe he has never been to those parts of the country and was like why not? Its free...gets some swag...goes places he has never maybe been...not a big deal.
He just visited two potential bags.

He just visited two potential bags.
So what you are saying is that you believe both Chance and his family are unethical and that they are looking for the biggest payouts they can in this process. Got it. "He just visited two potential bags". I mean do you even hear yourself?

So what you are saying is that you believe both Chance and his family are unethical and that they are looking for the biggest payouts they can in this process. Got it. "He just visited two potential bags". I mean do you even hear yourself?
I do. Lets face it nobody visits Nebraska or Auburn to see the sites. At a minimum these are two very odd visits. The only common thread is that both schools are in states that have approved NIL starting July 1. As to the bag comment Auburn is in the top 5. Not sure about the Huskers.
Question for you. Why do you think he visited those schools?
Academics? Geographically interesting? Family ties? Close to home? Great basketball tradition?

People wondered why Pearl visited/committed to Syracuse.

I do. Lets face it nobody visits Nebraska or Auburn to see the sites. At a minimum these are two very odd visits. The only common thread is that both schools are in states that have approved NIL starting July 1. As to the bag comment Auburn is in the top 5. Not sure about the Huskers.
Question for you. Why do you think he visited those schools?
Academics? Geographically interesting? Family ties? Close to home? Great basketball tradition?
Could be any number of reasons why. Just because you see someone walk into a bank, doesn't mean they are going to rob it. I am not saying illegal things don't happen. Just saying before you judge maybe you know...let the process play out and maybe you don't make implications that players and their families are unethical until you maybe have something concrete information wise to substantiate it. Like facts? I don't know why they are visiting those schools and you don't know why.

Could be any number of reasons why. Just because you see someone walk into a bank, doesn't mean they are going to rob it. I am not saying illegal things don't happen. Just saying before you judge maybe you know...let the process play out and maybe you don't make implications that players and their families are unethical until you maybe have something concrete information wise to substantiate it. Like facts? I don't know why they are visiting those schools and you don't know why.
KCSU has a legitimate point. Auburn is notorious. And Nebraska is a very unusual place to visit for a top 25 kid from PA - unless there is a connection. Not saying there is something untoward going on, but it has the hallmarks of something shady.

I didn't mean to accuse the family of anything. Im just pointing out that Nebraska and Auburn are odd choices for 2 official visits. The only common thread that i can find is a July 1 NIL start in both states. The bag would then become legal in a sense. Of course this is pure speculation on my part but i stand with my take.

I didn't mean to accuse the family of anything. Im just pointing out that Nebraska and Auburn are odd choices for 2 official visits. The only common thread that i can find is a July 1 NIL start in both states. The bag would then become legal in a sense. Of course this is pure speculation on my part but i stand with my take.
When I think of bags, I certainly don’t think of Nebraska.

I think it is more likely he visited there because one of their coaches developed a great relationship with him, or they started recruiting him very early, or there is some family connection we don’t know about.

Accusing recruits of taking bags just because they visit a school is a little over the top. Maybe it would be a good idea to let his recruitment play out and see where it goes before getting into this stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom