Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

can’t believe I’m saying this but I would be surprised if he didn’t commit on the visit or short after. Wouldn’t be surprised if Zion Cruz wasn’t far behind either. This class is shaping up to be a monster and straight up has the potential to be the best ever at Cuse.

Can't see how both Westry and Cruz commit. Rare for 3 5 star guards to join one class. Guess is it could be either or... Which is hardly a bad thing. Then focus on bigs and possibly a stud SF... Wow.

Can't see how both Westry and Cruz commit. Rare for 3 5 star guards to join one class. Guess is it could be either or... Which is hardly a bad thing. Then focus on bigs and possibly a stud SF... Wow.
I agree

And we’d already have a sr JG3 and sr Goodine.

I think Westry can play the 3 tho

And we’d already have a sr JG3 and sr Goodine.

I think Westry can play the 3 tho

In the highlights I would have put him as more 6-6 than 6-4. Just seemed to play like a wing size wise.

Cruz isnt coming here to sit the bench... did westry have an acl?

Cruz isnt coming here to sit the bench... did westry have an acl?
Yeah that was the other thing I was going to mention. If these guys all team up, it’s hard to picture one of them agreeing to come off the bench.

tenor.gif

Means a lot coming from you...

so whats our ideal 2022 set up? JG3 will be a senior so he ain’t coming off the bench..

JG3
Dior
Woody (I assume QG declares at some point)
Westry
Edwards

bench:
Zion
Kadary
JBA

Would absolutely love this but I wonder about Goodine, Bras, etc

curious where we stand with Etiene

My guess: We’ll over recruit Edwards at center and Cruz could be unlikely if Westry commit. Also suspect we’ll land a true PF in the mix. It’s not Newton. He’s not a rebounder, he’s a SF.

Means a lot coming from you...

so whats our ideal 2022 set up? JG3 will be a senior so he ain’t coming off the bench..

JG3
Dior
Woody (I assume QG declares at some point)
Westry
Edwards

bench:
Zion
Kadary
JBA

Would absolutely love this but I wonder about Goodine, Bras, etc

curious where we stand with Etiene

Quincy will still be here and maybe Goodine.

Quincy has a lot of improvement to make before he and the word NBA go together in the same sentence.

Quincy will still be here and maybe Goodine.

Quincy has a lot of improvement to make before he and the word NBA go together in the same sentence.

He's had a productive freshman season so far and you can see him getting more comfortable almost by the game. Of course he has quite a bit to work on, but you can hardly count on him being a four year guy. I expect him to be a very integral player next season. Could he leave after his junior even soph year, it's quite possible.

can’t believe I’m saying this but I would be surprised if he didn’t commit on the visit or short after. Wouldn’t be surprised if Zion Cruz wasn’t far behind either. This class is shaping up to be a monster and straight up has the potential to be the best ever at Cuse.
Stevie and Derrick say?

He's had a productive freshman season so far and you can see him getting more comfortable almost by the game. Of course he has quite a bit to work on, but you can hardly count on him being a four year guy. I expect him to be a very integral player next season. Could he leave after his junior even soph year, it's quite possible.

Yeah, I suppose maybe after junior year. But that’s still going to require a big jump. As a 6-7 SF (in the NBA) he’s going to need to develop a consistent jumper and really tighten up his handle. Right now he’s careless with the ball and makes a lot of mistakes. He really reminds me of Paul Harris at this point.

To where, the CBL?

His whole game is crashing the offensive boards hard and getting putbacks.

He is so far from the NBA right now, it’s not even worth worrying about. They want perimeter guys who can dribble, pass, and shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom