Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

Westry loved Cuse from the beginning. People should keep in mind that when it seemed we were going to land Chance it was about a year ahead of when the 2022 process would typically pick up. I believe his family wanted him to experience more of the process and weigh other opportunities. Understandable.

Westry loved Cuse from the beginning. People should keep in mind that when it seemed we were going to land Chance it was about a year ahead of when the 2022 process would typically pick up. I believe his family wanted him to experience more of the process and weigh other opportunities. Understandable.

It would be something if we somehow still manage to put together a super class for '22... only minus Dior. Crazy.

Now that 21 seems relatively settled I’d expect some momentum here. I’d be shocked if one of the guards doesn’t sign next.

Are you considering Taylor a guard?

We would take Westry and Taylor, right? If Westry is a potential one and done and Taylor is a longer term guy.
I originally thought we wouldn’t. All 3 (including Taylor) seem like 2/3s to me. But if the staff thinks that Westry or Lands can play the 1, then it’s possible. But JG3 will be a senior in 2022 - so if we do get all 3 that means 1 of them will need to be ok coming off the bench. Maybe the staff is ok with 2 of them playing the back of the zone together? Who knows. You take all of them and figure it out later - but if the staff is still aggressive on all 3 they clearly have a plan

We would take Westry and Taylor, right? If Westry is a potential one and done and Taylor is a longer term guy.
You’d have to think there is room for three of Westry, Copeland, Taylor and Rodgers. Westry and Copeland are tall combo guards and Taylor and Rodgers are 6’6 wings. Any three of those guys would be amazing. They would cover the 1-3 positions with size, athleticism and skills.

Could be setting up for a scenario where we take 2 of the 3 of Chance, Taylor and Copeland and it’s first come first serve.
I’m no recruiting expert. But Taylor and Chance are top 60, 4-star kids. Copeland is more around the 150 range. But hey that doesn’t always matter.

All of them are between 6-5” and 6’8” so maybe the staff thinks all 4 can play together

You’d have to think there is room for three of Westry, Copeland, Taylor and Rodgers. Westry and Copeland are tall combo guards and Taylor and Rodgers are 6’6 wings. Any three of those guys would be amazing. They would cover the 1-3 positions with size, athleticism and skills.
I keep forgetting about Rodgers lol

Now that 21 seems relatively settled I’d expect some momentum here. I’d be shocked if one of the guards doesn’t sign next.
For class of 22 they cant sign until early signing period in the fall, these are just verbals for the time being

Are you considering Taylor a guard?
Yes, I would not be surprised to see one of them pop here. I really think Westry but that might be me projecting what I want...I just always thought he made the most sense...

there are a couple others that were circling with too that could surprise.

the transfer rule changes the recruiting dynamic completely. I’d be shocked if you don’t see more early signees. Risk of waiting with portal and free look during freshman yeah.

Copeland is a must imo
I agree, I love highly rated players. But, Copeland is a 5 star guy to me. I would have to watch some complete games before going that far, but he looks like the kind of guy that is going to blow up once the AAU circuit gets cooking. His size and handle at the PG position are crazy. And, his outside shot looks surprisingly good.

I’m no recruiting expert. But Taylor and Chance are top 60, 4-star kids. Copeland is more around the 150 range. But hey that doesn’t always matter.

All of them are between 6-5” and 6’8” so maybe the staff thinks all 4 can play together
Copeland can play. Ranking irrelevant. I think the combo would be 1 of Westry/QC and someone like Taylor. Kamari can play the 2 also.

I agree, I love highly rated players. But, Copeland is a 5 star guy to me. I would have to watch some complete games before going that far, but he looks like the kind of guy that is going to blow up once the AAU circuit gets cooking. His size and handle at the PG position are crazy. And, his outside shot looks surprisingly good.
He’d make the sting of Kadary be alleviated quickly

Can westry actually play the PG role? Obviously I want him but I don’t want another out of position PG especially if that means missing out on copeland

Could be setting up for a scenario where we take 2 of the 3 of Chance, Taylor and Copeland and it’s first come first serve.
Agreed. I’m not sure any combo is ideal but I agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom