Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

I want whoever wants to be here...but if there's a scenario where others commit first and JT decides there's a full house here and goes else where I'd be a bit bummed. Kid is the perfect buddy replacement but more of a athlete and has the ability to beat guys off the dribble as well. Ill be happy with however it works out but would like it more if JT is in there.

I want whoever wants to be here...but if there's a scenario where others commit first and JT decides there's a full house here and goes else where I'd be a bit bummed. Kid is the perfect buddy replacement but more of a athlete and has the ability to beat guys off the dribble as well. Ill be happy with however it works out but would like it more if JT is in there.

Westry is a legitimate one-and-done NBA prospect, a terrific player. If he wants to come, we have to make room for him -- because he's THAT good.

But I do think your point is fair to ask -- kids like Copeland, Taylor, etc. might have a bigger aggregated contribution to program success if they stay longer than a season or two. Hate to lose out on those guys.

A class of Copeland, Taylor, Lands, and a big would be outstanding. Westry would be an absurd amount of gravy.

Westry is a legitimate one-and-done NBA prospect, a terrific player. If he wants to come, we have to make room for him -- because he's THAT good.

But I do think your point is fair to ask -- kids like Copeland, Taylor, etc. might have a bigger aggregated contribution to program success if they stay longer than a season or two. Hate to lose out on those guys.
Its definitely a "good" problem to have. Lots of talent and things seem to be going in the right direction for us. I like all the guys we are involved with so I can't say ill be too disappointed no matter how it shakes out.

A class of Copeland, Taylor, Lands, and a big would be outstanding. Westry would be an absurd amount of gravy.
Yep, as long as a one and done is in the plans, it’s great. It’s when a guy is one and done, but we didn’t see it coming that sets us back a year. I’m looking at you Malachi and Tyler. It was worth it for a final four and a great season by Ennis.

Yep, as long as a one and done is in the plans, it’s great. It’s when a guy is one and done, but we didn’t see it coming that sets us back a year. I’m looking at you Malachi and Tyler. It was worth it for a final four and a great season by Ennis.
Heck, with the way the portal is and transfer rules you almost have to recruit all these kids now like one and dones. New recruiting age is here unless ncaa makes more changes.

Westry’s hometown of Harrisburg, PA & Copeland’s hometown of Gettysburg, PA are like 45 mins apart. Anyone know if there’s a relationship there? I’d have to think they’ve played with or against each other on the youth circuit.

We would take Westry and Taylor, right? If Westry is a potential one and done and Taylor is a longer term guy.

I think we absolutely take both Westry and Taylor if they want to come. Lands and Williams give us a lot of flexibility because they are both guards who just happened to grow to 6'8.

Im not making any predictions about who is coming or how long they are staying, but as a thought experiment, a line up of Westry, Taylor, Lands, Williams and a center is basically a 4 guard line up that has all the ball handling, shooting, and passing you could want. Plus there would be at least one major mismatch against every team we play.

I think we absolutely take both Westry and Taylor if they want to come. Lands and Williams give us a lot of flexibility because they are both guards who just happened to grow to 6'8.

Im not making any predictions about who is coming or how long they are staying, but as a thought experiment, a line up of Westry, Taylor, Lands, Williams and a center is basically a 4 guard line up that has all the ball handling, shooting, and passing you could want. Plus there would be at least one major mismatch against every team we play.
Baylor just won a NC playing damn near a 4-guard lineup. If they’re players, we’ll make room.

Who plays the back line of the zone though? ;)
You play a man-to-man, switching 1 to 4. It's almost like a zone. Then you do need a center who can handle all of the pick-and-roll action.

You play a man-to-man, switching 1 to 4. It's almost like a zone. Then you do need a center who can handle all of the pick-and-roll action.
Never happen under JB. Maybe if we land Jarace Walker to man the 5, but either way we’d get clobbered on the boards!

Could be setting up for a scenario where we take 2 of the 3 of Chance, Taylor and Copeland and it’s first come first serve.
My guess is that it's more Copeland and 2 out of the 3 of Chance, Taylor, and Rodgers.

Chance is capable of running point but Copeland is definitely a true 1. Regardless of how you look at it, whoever wants a spot should take it as soon as they're ready to because it might not be there if they wait too long.

My guess is that it's more Copeland and 2 out of the 3 of Chance, Taylor, and Rodgers.

Chance is capable of running point but Copeland is definitely a true 1. Regardless of how you look at it, whoever wants a spot should take it as soon as they're ready to because it might not be there if they wait too long.

Agreed 144% with all of this.

Especially in this new world order of the Portal.

This...spots start to fill quickly once the first one is taken.

Of all the guards we are currently in the mix with, I would take CW ahead of any of them. If we could only get one more id take Chance and wouldn't even hesitate

So do we know when he wants to make a decision? Thought I read somewhere these last few days that we may hear on another decision here soon but didn’t know if it was related to CW or someone else.

Of all the guards we are currently in the mix with, I would take CW ahead of any of them. If we could only get one more id take Chance and wouldn't even hesitate

That kid Quadir Copeland is a special talent at PG.
We haven't had a PG that electric since Jonny Flynn.
He's the one guard I would love to see.

Getting the commitment from Kamari Lands, he looks like another Alan Griffin type of player. I could totally see him at the 2 from that video. I see a little less urgency about getting a shooting guard, because there are so many of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom