Class of 2017 - SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon

Y'all need to listen to the pod before freaking out about no offer. Duarte may end up being a great player but per Francis' assessment (which I value highly) there is a good to very good chance that these numbers aren't going to translate to the next level very easily.

Y'all need to listen to the pod before freaking out about no offer. Duarte may end up being a great player but per Francis' assessment (which I value highly) there is a good to very good chance that these numbers aren't going to translate to the next level very easily.

if they were, he'd already be committed to dook

Another reason that Francis mentioned as to why we may be holding back on offering is the fact that he is from the Dominican Republic and we don't want to be burned due to transcripts ala Diagne.

Another reason that Francis mentioned as to why we may be holding back on offering is the fact that he is from the Dominican Republic and we don't want to be burned due to transcripts ala Diagne.
I think that's the main reason for the pause. He has talent and potential that a program can groom with some coaching and structure, but who knows what his transcripts are looking like. It's also kind of strange that despite this current tear that he has been on recently that you still don't see any notable programs offering him as well. Something has to be up that needs to be settled first imo.

I think that's the main reason for the pause. He has talent and potential that a program can groom with some coaching and structure, but who knows what his transcripts are looking like. It's also kind of strange that despite this current tear that he has been on recently that you still don't see any notable programs offering him as well. Something has to be up that needs to be settled first imo.

I agree with this. It's weird that he doesn't have a more robust group of suitors looking to speed up the process.

Is Duarte a backup plan if Ayala doesn't reclassify? Are we still in communication with him?

Just throwing this out there, Duarte looks great so far at the Jordan brand classic...really hope this kids grades and paperwork check out and we offer this kid especially considering the ayala situation...kid can shoot! Sidibe looks good so far too with 1 really nice block!

whoa
if he just had the grades...
juco probably, huh?
It's weird because the kid seems to have a pretty big upside as he gets stronger. According to the various recruiting websites there aren't any P5 schools recruiting him but various others like Seton Hall, St Louis and ODU. Maybe part of it is grades but maybe we are just wrong about his skill level. Something is keeping schools away from this kid.

Chris Duarte Recruit Interests

Verbal Commits

It's weird because the kid seems to have a pretty big upside as he gets stronger. According to the various recruiting websites there aren't any P5 schools recruiting him but various others like Seton Hall, St Louis and ODU. Maybe part of it is grades but maybe we are just wrong about his skill level. Something is keeping schools away from this kid.

Chris Duarte Recruit Interests

Verbal Commits
think it's gotta be grades/transcripts - he'd be getting WAY more attention from p5 otherwise