Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

We must be targeting the team takeover aau program. Benny played there. Taylor plays for them. Now we offered this 2024 kid last month that plays for their u16 team.

I think Red was an assistant coach there for a few years prior to taking the VT asst. role. It could be he has gained influence/pull with the current leaders in that program.

I think Red was an assistant coach there for a few years prior to taking the VT asst. role. It could be he has gained influence/pull with the current leaders in that program.

yes in 2008 he was an asst for 1 year.

The original post of this thread was deleted. Here is screenshot of Donavan (Donnie) himself in his IG story...
Screenshot_20210612-192558_Instagram.jpg

In addition to Carey, 6-10 class of 2023 power forward Papa Kante (South Kent in Connecticut) and 6-9 2023 wing Donnie Freeman (St. John’s College High in DC) are expected to visit for Elite Camp. Camp is expected to take place on Saturday.

In addition to Carey, 6-10 class of 2023 power forward Papa Kante (South Kent in Connecticut) and 6-9 2023 wing Donnie Freeman (St. John’s College High in DC) are expected to visit for Elite Camp. Camp is expected to take place on Saturday.

Set em up and knock em down

Red was an assistant with Takeover. And one of his closest friends is an influential figure in the AAU/high school scene in the DMV. I think that’s how we got in on Benny early.

Wiki never lies:

In 2006, Autry and his family moved to Northern Virginia. In Northern Virginia, Autry began his coaching career as the associate head coach at Bishop Ireton Catholic High School. In the spring of 2007, Autry became involved in the AAU circuit, by becoming the coach of the 14-Under squad with NOVA United.

During the 2007-2008 school year, Autry was named an assistant coach at Paul VI High School. In 2008, Autry switched AAU teams and became an assistant coach for the 17-Under AAU squad Team Takeover.

In the fall of 2008, Autry was hired by Virginia Tech's Head Men's Basketball coach Seth Greenberg as the Director of Basketball Operations. Autry held that position for two years and was then promoted to assistant basketball coach for the Hokies. In the spring of 2010, Autry was on his way to the University of Dayton to become the associate head coach under Archie Miller. However, he never made it there. A position with his alma mater Syracuse University became available when Rob Murphy was named the head coach at Eastern Michigan University. Autry quickly accepted the position and remains there now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom