Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

The NIT?
Wow, we really turned it around if we get an invite to the NIT...AND make the final four of that prestigious tournament!

Remember this historic moment of the NIT???!

th

It's pronounced "GINA"
Don't insult all the gorgeous girls named Gina. Although I do get the other possible pronunciations...lol
Gotta watch it though... My SU grad is getting a masters down in Morgantown.

Francis03 Two questions: Ayala seems to be piling up the assists lately (while also scoring a lot), has he been playing point guard or combo guard?

Also, any thought on if Ayala would even consider reclassifying for SU IF Hop is the head coach next season?

Francis03 Two questions: Ayala seems to be piling up the assists lately (while also scoring a lot), has he been playing point guard or combo guard?

Also, any thought on if Ayala would even consider reclassifying for SU IF Hop is the head coach next season?
1)With Diallo moving on to UK, Ayala is handling the rock more and shares PG duties with another guard. Seems to project as a B. Triche type on the next level. Where he'll mostly play off the ball but can hold down the PG spot for stretches if needed.

2)Hop and GMac are the main ones recruiting him and attending his games. So I'm sure it wouldn't have a negative impact if Hop was the coach next season for him.

1)With Diallo moving on to UK, Ayala is handling the rock more and shares PG duties with another guard. Seems to project as a B. Triche type on the next level. Where he'll mostly play off the ball but can hold down the PG spot for stretches if needed.

2)Hop and GMac are the main ones recruiting him and attending his games. So I'm sure it wouldn't have a negative impact if Hop was the coach next season for him.

Thanks.

I've seen the Triche comparisons, guess their games are similar. Ayala doesn't look thin but Triche was jacked, so that's a difference. He's obviously been putting up huge numbers lately.

On the second one, the million dollar question is what head coach are they recruiting him for? Is he under the impression if he requalifies, that JB would be the coach?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Thanks.

I've seen the Triche comparisons, guess their games are similar. Ayala doesn't look thin but Triche was jacked, so that's a difference. He's obviously been putting up huge numbers lately.

On the second one, the million dollar question is what head coach are they recruiting him for? Is he under the impression if he requalifies, that JB would be the coach?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Every recruit knows that Hop is the next man in line as HC. So it's not like these guys will get blindsided whenever JB decides to step down.

Every recruit knows that Hop is the next man in line as HC. So it's not like these guys will get blindsided whenever JB decides to step down.

Oh I know. I was referring to next season. There is still uncertainty if JB will be back.

Francis or others. Do we think theres a real hot at getting this kid in 2017? Is there a better chance in 2018? What is the status with Syracuse and Ayala's relationship?

Francis or others. Do we think theres a real hot at getting this kid in 2017? Is there a better chance in 2018? What is the status with Syracuse and Ayala's relationship?
We're still in a good spot, but need to get him on campus for some visits soon. Plus nothing is certain about whether he'll be in the 17 or 18 class until he finally takes the SAT/ACT.

We're still in a good spot, but need to get him on campus for some visits soon. Plus nothing is certain about whether he'll be in the 17 or 18 class until he finally takes the SAT/ACT.

Francis, rank order in your opinion. Ayala, Duarte, Washington.

Same as you presented.

1)Ayala
2)Duarte
3)Washington

Wouldn't hesitate to take all three and hope that 2/3 works out long term.
those three, plus Sidibe and Brisset, plus redshirt freshman Moyer. Add in a grad transfer like sharpshooter Koulechov . . . a lot of doom and gloomers would be eating their words

those three, plus Sidibe and Brisset, plus redshirt freshman Moyer. Add in a grad transfer like sharpshooter Koulechov . . . a lot of doom and gloomers would be eating their words
I think most people have accepted TL to enter to the draft but if we can add the above to TB, TT, FH and PC, that's still a very quality and very young base to build on for the future. If TB leaves also, then I think we have the same issue as this year with a very questionable first half of the year.

If both TB and TL are back next year, I think we will all feel pretty good about it.

Same as you presented.

1)Ayala
2)Duarte
3)Washington

Wouldn't hesitate to take all three and hope that 2/3 works out long term.
Question for you Francis how close do you think Ayala and Duarte are to each other? I haven't seen much tape of Duarte and he is really skinny but seems to have some upside. Do you think he has more than Ayala but Ayala is more ready to contribute right away or is that not fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom