Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

I know its just a short article but this kid seems to have a pretty good handle on things from those quotes. He understands the situation, if you can come next year and run half court offense you will be getting PT at SU.

That part is critical!

Ayala is most definitely a fit for the Cuse.

Ouch. Before I saw the clip, I was expecting Ayala to brick a few clutch free throws. This is perfect.

When will it be decided if he reclassifies to 17 or not? I don't know what I'll do if I have to suffer through yet another crap season with mid major guard play.

When will it be decided if he reclassifies to 17 or not? I don't know what I'll do if I have to suffer through yet another crap season with mid major guard play.
Gonna have to wait until late spring/summer most likely. He doesn't have any test scores yet and the NCAA needs to approve his transcripts.

Francis03 said:
Gonna have to wait until late spring/summer most likely. He doesn't have any test scores yet and the NCAA needs to approve his transcripts.

I imagine they'll have to have a contingency plan if this falls through.

But can they wait that long when it's absolutely vital that they bring in a quality guard?

The staff has really boxed itself into some awkward roster problems.

But can they wait that long when it's absolutely vital that they bring in a quality guard?

Not sure that Ayala is really a point guard, but your main point is still valid.

Not sure that there are great alternatives at this point. Ayala reclassifying was a creative way to potentially solve an extremely problematic issue.

RF2044 said:
Not sure that Ayala is really a point guard, but your main point is still valid. Not sure that there are great alternatives at this point. Ayala reclassifying was a creative way to potentially solve an extremely problematic issue.

No surprise at this point, but it appears we're going to be very active again with grad transfers.

A contingency plan - what's that ?????

That's specifically why I have suggested that the staff needs to evaluate a guy like Okauru over at Brewster to keep multiple options open. Okauru is running PG for them and recently has Kansas interested. The staff should be planning to bring in another pair of guards. Ayala fills the role of a combo, but we'll need to find a PG that can run an offense. Might have to hit the 5th year market again. We should be attractive for the best ones available if Frank continues to look like crap throughout the season.

This happened about 15 feet in front of me, he actually got T'd up for hanging on the rim. They all had a pretty good laugh about it while the free throws were being shot.
Smh at getting T'd up. Looked like hanging on the rim helped prevent him from taking a bad fall. Even though the teammate crashing into him didn't help matters lol.

Smh at getting T'd up. Looked like hanging on the rim helped prevent him from taking a bad fall. Even though the teammate crashing into him didn't help matters lol.
Francis - just want to say thanks for all that you do - I know you don't hear it much - but really appreciate your info..

off the wall question - do you know if the staff would go JUCO to fill a guard slot?
we don't get many JUCO's - last I remember was KO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom