Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Francis - just want to say thanks for all that you do - I know you don't hear it much - but really appreciate your info..

off the wall question - do you know if the staff would go JUCO to fill a guard slot?
we don't get many JUCO's - last I remember was KO

Not trying to answer for Francis, but I'd have to think that the staff needs to at least kick the tires on JUCOs. That route is not a traditional source of feeder for our program [I can only think of three off the top of my head going back more than 20 years -- Cipolla, Lloyd, and Onganeat], but we are in danger of not being able to field anywhere close to a full team next season due to attrition.

Francis - just want to say thanks for all that you do - I know you don't hear it much - but really appreciate your info..

off the wall question - do you know if the staff would go JUCO to fill a guard slot?
we don't get many JUCO's - last I remember was KO
Appreciate the kind words. I think the staff is at a point where they can't leave any stone unturned. I mentioned on my pod last month that we have to evaluate all options such as Prep, 5th year, JUCO, International etc to find the best options available. Can't afford to just offer any and anybody just to fill a roster spot.

Not sure that Ayala is really a point guard, but your main point is still valid.

Not sure that there are great alternatives at this point. Ayala reclassifying was a creative way to potentially solve an extremely problematic issue.
We need this to workout

Pretty sure he was at the dome tonight. His perception would be that the PG position is open next year.

Was he talking with Ryan Blackwell earlier?

Pretty sure he was at the dome tonight. His perception would be that the PG position is open next year.

If so, he got treated to a nice performance [instead of a dud blowout, like SJU and BC]. Thank god. Hope that works in our favor.

Would be a really nice pickup but be sure to refer to post #133 in this thread.

Would be a really nice pickup but be sure to refer to post #133 in this thread.
Well, considering what is available, he would be a GREAT pickup, even if he ends up running the point next year. But I hope we follow that up with Quinnerly in 2018. They would be a fantastic tandem in the backcourt.

Pretty sure he was at the dome tonight. His perception would be that the PG position is open next year.[/QUOTE

Hopefully the PS crew picked up on that. No way that should go unreported.

Would be surprised if he isn't wearing a Syracuse jersey next year

Hey--just looking back on your post, is there any significance to the "next year" part? :cool:

He's a combo. Better off being a playmaker and additional ball handler, than forcing him to become a PG.
Given the spark that Gillon supplied tonight, I think our coaches may be willing to go the 5th-year player route again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom