Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Question for you Francis how close do you think Ayala and Duarte are to each other? I haven't seen much tape of Duarte and he is really skinny but seems to have some upside. Do you think he has more than Ayala but Ayala is more ready to contribute right away or is that not fair.
Haven't seen Duarte yet, but Ayala has gone up against some of best comp in HS, AAU, and FIBA ball between the two. So I think he would be best equipped to make an immediate impact in college if I had to guess.

GMac was the assistant on the job to check out Ayala yesterday.

Nothing against GMAC, but I hope we are demonstrating the necessary level of program commitment to Ayala to land him.

Nothing against GMAC, but I hope we are demonstrating the necessary level of program commitment to Ayala to land him.
If Ayala watched the NCSt game, he would have seen GMac's mug on a couple of occasions--and a mention of one of his signature accomplishments. Not a lot, but it can't hurt.

Oh my :(

image.jpeg

Howard and Battle at this point?

That's technically what we thought we had coming into this season, after Mali declared.
Seemed to work out OK, for the most part.

However - there's zero guarantee that either of them are back next year...
... which is more than a little worrisome.

Howard's still really young. IF the staff decides to stick with him, I think it'd be foolish to write him off and declare 2018 a done-for year. I've seen kids make bigger leaps between their sophomore-junior/junior-senior years. We all have. Lets have some faith.

Howard's still really young. IF the staff decides to stick with him, I think it'd be foolish to write him off and declare 2018 a done-for year. I've seen kids make bigger leaps between their sophomore-junior/junior-senior years. We all have. Lets have some faith.
Agreed, but I think 'Cuse fans who closely follow recruiting (at our own risk:) are feeling a little bit like that dog that's been beat too much, as Bruce would say. And it seems like we'll be waiting for months before we even have a chance for some good news ...

I agree with this. I still think he can be more than adequate. But the staff is not sticking with him unless something changes their mind.

Alright, Now the team has to give him a good show and knock the crap out of the cards. Unfortunately I am on business trip to Baltimore and will miss the game.. I will be finding a good sports bar to watch it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom