Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

This kid looks like he could be a nice piece to the puzzle for the next few years.

It seems more likely every day that next years starting Backcourt will be Battle/Howard. That still gives us a lot of PT for a 3rd guard. I like what I have seen from Ayala and he seems like a combo guard to me which is what we need at this point for next season IMO.

It seems more likely every day that next years starting Backcourt will be Battle/Howard. That still gives us a lot of PT for a 3rd guard. I like what I have seen from Ayala and he seems like a combo guard to me which is what we need at this point for next season IMO.
Totally agree. I think he could spell either Frank or Tyus and maybe even come in and slide Tyus to a forward position, if that is a better lineup to create better match ups.

Been asked a lot about who his lead recruiter is and yes it's GMac. Before everybody panic, as long as Ayala doesn't become a five star then this is a battle that I think GMac can win. Issue here is that I'm not 100% convinced it's a slam dunk that he'll be able to reclass back into 2017. His prep school was on the NCAA red flag list, so there could be some issues to sort out. Think about why his teammate Hami couldn't reclass for 2016?

Been asked a lot about who his lead recruiter is and yes it's GMac. Before everybody panic, as long as Ayala doesn't become a five star then this is a battle that I think GMac can win. Issue here is that I'm not 100% convinced it's a slam dunk that he'll be able to reclass back into 2017. His prep school was on the NCAA red flag list, so there could be some issues to sort out. Think about why his teammate Hami couldn't reclass for 2016?

People in the know have mentioned that this kid is a 5 star. Another one where recruiting sites/ESPN have it wrong, so it could definitely help to scoop him up before the hype train comes in.

Besides the obvious talent, it would be nice to get a kid on the team with some emotion and swagger! Love it. I see Ayala and TT feeding off each other.

Yea, really hope they land this kid. They did offer him first out of all the big boys that seem to want him in 2017. But the only thing I will say is, isn't UK, and Duke likely done at point for the class?
?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom