Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Don't get all the Ayala love. His numbers in AAU are mehhh. I think we can do better. I get everyone being down on Frank, but I'm good with Washington as the second guard. This scholarship can be used better next year.

That is exactly why many here feel that a Grad transfer was the way to go. Ayala can play though and he fits what I feel JB is trying to do with the 2017 class. He's trying to set a base for success the next 3/4 years:
Sidibe: Can play the 4/5
Moyer: Combo forward coming off a redshirt
Brissett: Athletic forward who can develop into a SF
Washington: A PG who shoots well and can also play off the ball
Hughes: Athletic high upside wing who can play the 2/3
Ayala: A heady combo guard who shoots it well enough

While this potential class doesn't jump out as great I expect everyone of these guys to be really good college players at some point. They cover all the bases and allow for flexibility in recruiting future classes. Add a couple big time recruits each season and you've got something that could be special. This season you add them to Battle, Thompson, Howard, Chukwu and possibly Dolezaj.

That is exactly why many here feel that a Grad transfer was the way to go. Ayala can play though and he fits what I feel JB is trying to do with the 2017 class. He's trying to set a base for success the next 3/4 years:
Sidibe: Can play the 4/5
Moyer: Combo forward coming off a redshirt
Brissett: Athletic forward who can develop into a SF
Washington: A PG who shoots well and can also play off the ball
Hughes: Athletic high upside wing who can play the 2/3
Ayala: A heady combo guard who shoots it well enough

While this potential class doesn't jump out as great I expect everyone of these guys to be really good college players at some point. They cover all the bases and allow for flexibility in recruiting future classes. Add a couple big time recruits each season and you've got something that could be special. This season you add them to Battle, Thompson, Howard, Chukwu and possibly Dolezaj.

Great post. I want Ayala IF he wants us. I want guys who want to be Orange. And I believe that he's just dealing with different voices in his ear.

Don't get all the Ayala love. His numbers in AAU are mehhh. I think we can do better. I get everyone being down on Frank, but I'm good with Washington as the second guard. This scholarship can be used better next year.
I'm sort of in agreement. I'd rather land an impact grad transfer like Thorpe at SG and then target a top flight freshman SG for 2018. We already have Hughes. So I'd rather get Jones or Carey for 2018.

I'm sort of in agreement. I'd rather land an impact grad transfer like Thorpe at SG and then target a top flight freshman SG for 2018. We already have Hughes. So I'd rather get Jones or Carey for 2018.

I understand that line of thought too. With Frank Howard on the roster, maybe JB might be thinking that way too. In a perfect world, FH would not be... Oh, never mind.

When there aren't many uncommitted guys left and you aren't very active in the grad transfer market what does the recruit lose by waiting? This is really all a product of the Quade Green fiasco and passing on other PG's to keep him happy even though he wouldn't commit to SU.
This is so true the fact that it has no likes is absolutely ridiculous

I think a miss on Ayala may end up being a blessing for a better scholarship player next year AND I am as sick of talking about Ayala as I am about Tucker and want to more on one way or the other He's in or he's out

I think a miss on Ayala may end up being a blessing for a better scholarship player next year AND I am as sick of talking about Ayala as I am about Tucker and want to more on one way or the other He's in or he's out

As of today even if you want Ayala schedule a visit with Thorpe and make sure that info is out there. Ayala can commit whenever he wants or not. Thorpe will come here if we get him on campus. :noidea:

Give me Thorpe, get Dolezaj, call it a day and move on to 2018. That's my wish.

As of today even if you want Ayala schedule a visit with Thorpe and make sure that info is out there. Ayala can commit whenever he wants or not. Thorpe will come here if we get him on campus. :noidea:

Give me Thorpe, get Dolezaj, call it a day and move on to 2018. That's my wish.
Absolutely. Dolejac runs the floor like a nut for his size and is tenacious ncand a handful for any defender Thorpe is a slasher and seasoned and a nice bridge to 2018 talent pool

Dolezaj and Tyus at the top of the zone at the same time? That's my fetish.

Emergency maybe. He's viewed as a 3/4 by the staff.
Can we see a Battle-Marek-OB-Chukwu-Sidbie zone for like a few minutes though??

I know Sidibe probably isn't a 4, but man that'd be fun lol

Can we see a Battle-Marek-OB-Chukwu-Sidbie zone for like a few minutes though??

I know Sidibe probably isn't a 4, but man that'd be fun lol

He could get 5-8 minutes at the 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom