Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

NO.

Redshirts still count against scholarships.

So - unless one of our 2017 guys is cool w being a walkon and paying his own way for a year, then it ain't happening.

Didnt know the scholarship situation, thanks

I think this article is very telling. After indicating how he was more than likely staying for 18 it seems more likely that he sounds sure of himself despite what his coach says for 17 If I were making a prediction I say Ayala commits after July.

I think this article is very telling. After indicating how he was more than likely staying for 18 it seems more likely that he sounds sure of himself despite what his coach says for 17 If I were making a prediction I say Ayala commits after July.
If Thorpe doesn't commit in the next few weeks, you might be right.

And if Thorpe goes elsewhere and you're not right, I hope HW is ready for a huge role.

Pitt needs Thorpe badly. They will profess their undying love for him and how much they NEED him and WANT him. While the SU staff gives him the cold shoulder and says we'll get back to you some day. All "free agents" want to feel wanted and loved. It's a big part in influencing their decision.

Pitt needs Thorpe badly. They will profess their undying love for him and how much they NEED him and WANT him. While the SU staff gives him the cold shoulder and says we'll get back to you some day. All "free agents" want to feel wanted and loved. It's a big part in influencing their decision.

So do we.

If Thorpe doesn't commit in the next few weeks, you might be right.

And if Thorpe goes elsewhere and you're not right, I hope HW is ready for a huge role.
He isn't ready. We have had maybe a handful of frosh guard ever do anything. And they were much more talented. Frank is a 35 min player without another guard.

And yet, he hasn't committed to them yet. And he has basically set himself on fire trying to get an offer from us. We have given him the cold shoulder. And still, he hasn't committed to Pitt. And the reason for that is he wants to play in the NCAA tournament. No sure bet with us. But a pretty sure bet he won't with Pitt.

And yet, he hasn't committed to them yet. And he has basically set himself on fire trying to get an offer from us. We have given him the cold shoulder. And still, he hasn't committed to Pitt. And the reason for that is he wants to play in the NCAA tournament. No sure bet with us. But a pretty sure bet he won't with Pitt.

The more I think about it, maybe Thorpe WOULD wait around until August. He knows Pitt is beyond desperate for players with a pulse, much less a solid player like himself. If no other offers come around, maybe we can wait around for Ayala. Maybe.

The more I think about it, maybe Thorpe WOULD wait around until August. He knows Pitt is beyond desperate for players with a pulse, much less a solid player like himself. If no other offers come around, maybe we can wait around for Ayala. Maybe.
I wouldn't wait for Ayala. And I don't think you would either.

I wouldn't wait for Ayala. And I don't think you would either.

I like Ayala. It's a tough call which player is better for our situation over the next two years. I think both could help us this year but I'd give the slight edge to Thorpe there. Would a second year Ayala be better than a freshman combo in '18-19? Maybe, despite this becoming a pain in the arse right now. And would we really need Ayala's skills with Hughes in the bullpen? The other question is would Ayala still be near the top of our '18 list if that's his freshman class? Like I said, we should get more clarity in the next couple of weeks with Thorpe.

No, Pitt is a legit possibility. Point is Thorpe will decide between the schools he's considering without all of the voices in his head and the vacillating between '17 and '18. I do think when we get him to campus, an offer would do the trick. If we are hell bent on Ayala, I'm not so sure Thorpe waits around until August to play second fiddle.
Sorry man I disagree. Pitt lineup is a joke. No friggin way he chooses Pitt

I think if we get him on a visit we get him just my opinion tho, staff doesn't want to get caught and not get either of them!!!

We haven't given him the cold shoulder

Is there an actual formal process for reclassifying? Nice to have but am kind of over the kid. Better not lose a good player with the eggs approach.

We haven't exactly showed him love. We can agree on that, I hope.

Not on this board.

He's wanted to visit but hasn't. Isn't that saying enough without getting into it.

NO.

Redshirts still count against scholarships.

So - unless one of our 2017 guys is cool w being a walkon and paying his own way for a year, then it ain't happening.

I thought it would be helpful to some to write out the schollie situation. I believe were allowed 11 scholarship players (down 2 from 13)

Coming back:
Howard
Moyer
Chukwu
Battle
Thompson

Losing:
Lydon
White
Gillon
Roberson
Coleman
I believe the "walk-on" Adeyeye also on scholarship last year

That makes 11

So we lose 6 guys

Coming in:
Marek
Sidibe
Oshae
Washington
Hughes, assume he counts as a scholarship this coming year

Leaves room for one more. We must have really like hughes to burn a ship on him while we are down two.

I thought it would be helpful to some to write out the schollie situation. I believe were allowed 11 scholarship players (down 2 from 13)

Coming back:
Howard
Moyer
Chukwu
Battle
Thompson

Losing:
Lydon
White
Gillon
Roberson
Coleman
I believe the "walk-on" Adeyeye also on scholarship last year

That makes 11

So we lose 6 guys

Coming in:
Marek
Sidibe
Oshae
Washington
Hughes, assume he counts as a scholarship this coming year

Leaves room for one more. We must have really like hughes to burn a ship on him while we are down two.
I have said this before, they love, love love Hughes. I don't see it from what he has actually done but I can tell you that I have talked to a number of people that saw the kid in high school and they all rave about him. I mean, it's like the are talking about a 5 star recruit. He did go head to head against Diallo and outscored him 24 to 4. Another person I talked to said he is a great shooter. Not good, great. SMH Why did he end up at ECU and why didn't he do better? I have zero answers for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom