Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Pretty sure he was at the dome tonight. His perception would be that the PG position is open next year.
He was planning to attend the game tonight but couldn't because of school and practice obligations. Plans to visit at some point during the season. Doesn't have the test scores yet to reclassify. So we'll have to wait a bit for all of that to play out.

Can tell ya Frank won't be his host, if I had to guess it's Tyus

Oh, it clearly won't be FH. Ha. Tyus would be fine. Moyer would obviously be fantastic but they probably want a player who is active, rather than redshirting.

He was planning to attend the game tonight but couldn't because of school and practice obligations. Plans to visit at some point during the season. Doesn't have the test scores yet to reclassify. So we'll have to wait a bit for all of that to play out.

When you're saying he doesn't have the test scores, do you mean they've been insufficient or he hasn't tested yet? Thanks.

Oh, it clearly won't be FH. Ha. Tyus would be fine. Moyer would obviously be fantastic but they probably want a player who is active, rather than redshirting.
From HCJB post game comments after the Miami game made it be known that FH will be riding the pine for quite awhile. He was going with Gillon as his starting pg and it is going to be that way until further notice. hehehe;)

When you're saying he doesn't have the test scores, do you mean they've been insufficient or he hasn't tested yet? Thanks.
Hasn't taken the SAT/ACT yet. Then you have the whole clearinghouse process with his transcripts. Hami graduated from the same school last June and is just about to get cleared.

Francis where do we go to get to your podcasts? And I like everyone else want to thank you for what you bring to the board.

Francis - still got it! Haven't missed a pod yet.
518128TVNYL.jpg

Am I missing something with this guy? We are talking about a fringe top 100 player coming in next year and running the show. Granted beggers can't be choosey, but it seems like a lot of people are putting a ton of stock into this kid. How is this better than hitting the 5th year market once again and then going all in with 2018 PG's? Either way we are waiting till the last minute since it sounds like this recruitment may drag on due to his eligibility concerns.

Am I missing something with this guy? We are talking about a fringe top 100 player coming in next year and running the show. Granted beggers can't be choosey, but it seems like a lot of people are putting a ton of stock into this kid. How is this better than hitting the 5th year market once again and then going all in with 2018 PG's? Either way we are waiting till the last minute since it sounds like this recruitment may drag on due to his eligibility concerns.
Sadly that's where we find ourselves at this point. I hope Autry Jr is working on his PG skills for next season. I'm only half kidding, I think.:noidea:

Sadly that's where we find ourselves at this point. I hope Autry Jr is working on his PG skills for next season. I'm only half kidding, I think.:noidea:
Is this kid Ayala a true PG who can run an offense? Or another combo guard with a poor handle that the staff thinks they can teach to be a PG? Color me worried. And do we have any interest in that Washington kid from Buffalo who is playing PG this year at prep power Montverde? He seemed interested in SU once upon a time.

Is this kid Ayala a true PG who can run an offense? Or another combo guard with a poor handle that the staff thinks they can teach to be a PG? Color me worried.

No, he's more of a versatile combo.

I don't know if he could handle being a lead guard. But I DO know that he would probably be the best option we have at scoring a blue chip caliber guard, and if we can get him to reclassify, it would be a coup.

PG isn't the only position where we need depth.

Is this kid Ayala a true PG who can run an offense? Or another combo guard with a poor handle that the staff thinks they can teach to be a PG? Color me worried. And do we have any interest in that Washington kid from Buffalo who is playing PG this year at prep power Montverde? He seemed interested in SU once upon a time.
RF gave a good breakdown about Ayala for you above. On Washington, he's now prepping in Canada playing alongside Oshae Brissett. No idea if we'll pursue him hard, but it's slim pickings at this point when talking PG's in the prep ranks.

He's more of a secondary playmaker from what I've seen. I don't want him to be the lead guard, but he's a guy that can score, and if need be, create for others. If we can get a lead guard from somewhere, Ayala would be a nice compliment IMO.

Alright its time to get serious, what do we think the real odds this kid reclassifys are? Theres a decent chance Battle is the only guard returning for next year's roster. Howard doesn't look too happy on the bench.

RF gave a good breakdown about Ayala for you above. On Washington, he's now prepping in Canada playing alongside Oshae Brissett. No idea if we'll pursue him hard, but it's slim pickings at this point when talking PG's in the prep ranks.

At this point if Ayala is a pipe dream (which appears likely considering the hoops it will take to re-classify) SU should go after Washington. If nothing else perhaps we strike lighting in a bottle or get a guy who can at least give us serviceable minutes. The other options are basically a JUCO (who knows who is available) and the Grad transfer route again which as we all know can be a total crapshoot.

Let's hope we don't have to resort to Washington from what I've seen of him he's a low major D1 player at best. If he's running the point we better surround him with a bunch of slashers because there is no way he can get by anyone defending him in the ACC. He has a hard enough time getting to the basket in highschool I can't see him all of a sudden developing a first step when he gets to college.

Let's hope we don't have to resort to Washington from what I've seen of him he's a low major D1 player at best. If he's running the point we better surround him with a bunch of slashers because there is no way he can get by anyone defending him in the ACC. He has a hard enough time getting to the basket in highschool I can't see him all of a sudden developing a first step when he gets to college.

I agree about Washington. Malik Zachary is better than Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom