Class of 2023 - SG/F Gavin Griffiths (CT) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SG/F Gavin Griffiths (CT) Offered

Reminds me a little style wise of a combo of Tayshaun Prince and Dunleavy from Duke. Tayshaun loved the top of the arc 3.

That step back three reminded me of Jayson Tatum. Pretty advanced move for a player his age. He also is sneaky athletic, getting above the rim a couple times in that highlight... Once going after his own rebound.

“Sneaky-athletic” =‘s very athletic, for a white guy. ;)

Nah, I deliberately avoid stereotypes like that, as I think everyone should. It's a combination of his body type, lanky movement and the way the highlight package is put together.

It's sneaky because he doesn't have that wow type of explosion in any of his moves... He kind of glides around. All of his drives leave you scratching your head, "how did he get around that guy?" His driving is mostly methodical designed to get him into position for an unblockable step back jumper, not really fast twitch effort to blow by. More like the slower moving style getting him on your hip and riding him to where you want to go.

And then boom, two handed jam well above the rim, and he still barely looked like he was jumping.

Nah, I deliberately avoid stereotypes like that, as I think everyone should. It's a combination of his body type, lanky movement and the way the highlight package is put together.

It's sneaky because he doesn't have that wow type of explosion in any of his moves... He kind of glides around. All of his drives leave you scratching your head, "how did he get around that guy?" His driving is mostly methodical designed to get him into position for an unblockable step back jumper, not really fast twitch effort to blow by. More like the slower moving style getting him on your hip and riding him to where you want to go.

And then boom, two handed jam well above the rim, and he still barely looked like he was jumping.
Moten was sneaky athletic.

Last edited:
Now that is a highlight film. No fancy editing, just one play after another showing his skill set. I love the jump shot toward the end where it was a catch and shoot and he didn’t bring the ball down at all. It looked like he caught it above his shoulders and he just put it up from there.

I thought of that part myself... I liked his film even more the second time. That lack of hesitation and load time was impressive. I can see why they are already recruiting him.

Pretty cool. Don't understand the backgrounds. Maybe carrier dome backdrop or something?

He’s highlighting the South Beach vibe that Onondaga County is world famous for. In other words: he’s on a roll, just go with it!

I like bold statements. Also like this guy's game. ;)

Not that Thick Burger isn't good for him, but we'd really have to consider Shooter as his nickname.

2338694_8_articlesmall_SHOOTER-MCGAVIN-770x433.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom