Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

You could put a question mark after Hughes too.
Can someone set the record straight on Hughes? Some say he’s more of a 3 because he can’t shoot... and some are saying he may declare early. Bit of extremes.

Another win for Trenton Catholic, 51-47 over West Catholic (PA)
"Khalif Battle finished with 13 points and bracket MVP Latrell Reid added 10 for the Iron Mikes.
TCA’s lead was cut to two with 4:22 left in the fourth before Lane and Battle scored the game’s next six points.
Those two combined for 17 of the Iron Mikes’ 24 second-half points."

image.jpeg
Great game today from Jalen Carey... Bad game from Khalif.

Wth? This guy get hurt or something?
Can't say for sure. He played well in a few games. This is the sort of subpar play I'd heard was going on at Gill before he left. He just wasn't himself for several weeks there, as I said and alluded to. Maybe it was just a crappy game. He was also in foul trouble today, so maybe that contributed.

Nothing to do with his play today but as others have speculated, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he (and Gunshow Gary) goes somewhere other than SU.

Can't say for sure. He played well in a few games. This is the sort of subpar play I'd heard was going on at Gill before he left. He just wasn't himself for several weeks there, as I said and alluded to. Maybe it was just a crappy game. He was also in foul trouble today, so maybe that contributed.

Nothing to do with his play today but as others have speculated, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he (and Gunshow Gary) goes somewhere other than SU.

Total speculation on my part but I thought I read something not too long ago about rutgers being a major player for him and the interest was mutual.

I think that's true.

The way it's trending with him and his play as of late I could see him staying close to home and trying to be the star and savior of the program. I think the family is high on pikiell too. Altho I'm sure they are high on JB as well. But i think with Khalif more then anything it's going to boil down to playing time available right away. Don't think cuse will be the best choice for him if it's that.

While Khalif is an interesting player with a good pedigree, he has not shown the consistency that a 4 star needs to demonstrate. I like the idea that he may come to Syracuse but, I feel that he would be a player that needs to grow and mature with his team over 4 years instead of a player that would immediately have an impact. Not sure if he is a 3 star or a 4 star.

In addition, I am not sure if it was his decision to switch schools so late or his dad's. It does leave an impression that he can handle not being the star player on the team. This last statement is only conjecture on my part with no real insight on why he left his team and transferred.

Last edited:
While Khalif is an interesting player with a good pedigree, he has not shown the consistency that a 4 star needs to demonstrate. I like the idea that he may come to Syracuse but, I feel that he would be a player that needs to grow and mature with his team over 4 years instead of a player that would immediately have an impact. Not sure if he is a 3 star or a 4 star.

In addition, I am not sure if it was his decision to switch schools so late or his dad's. It does leave an impression that he can handle not being the star player on the team. This last statement is only conjecture on my part with no real insight on why he left his team and transferred.

I don't know anything about when he left his previous school, but I do know that he is pretty much a consensus 4* player as far as most recruiting services are concerned.

It's been an interesting last few games for Khalif and TCA
Khalif Battle @ Trenton Catholic High School - NJ.com

1/13 19 pts, 6 rebs, 2 assists - they blew out Trenton
1/15 20 pts, 7 rebs, 2 assists, 3 blocks - they were throttled by 40 against Roselle Catholic - KB was the only one who scored in double digits for TCA
1/16 29 points - they cruised in a blowout
1/18 35 points - they almost won by 60!
(doesn't look like steals and other stats are recorded consistently)

Feast or famine for this team it seems.