Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

"Very quickly, Khalif Battle is emerging from the shadow of being the younger brother of Syracuse sophomore Tyus Battle, as the 6-4 guard’s stock is hitting its own peak at the right time. After not playing his sophomore year at Trenton Catholic due to a groin injury, Battle’s had a strong offseason with Team Final’s 16Us, and now the colleges are coming around. In the last few weeks, he’s been offered by Syracuse, Washington, Miami (Fl.) and most recently UConn, which joined in the fray on Wednesday night. “It feels good because I've been waiting for this, and I've put a lot of work in, so it’s good that the hard work is paying off,” he said.

Though his brother is a star in the making on the Orange, the younger Battle brother -- who announced yesterday he'll be going to Gill St. Bernard for his junior year -- said that doesn’t give Syracuse any extra advantage in terms of his recruitment. But it’s not about trying to out-do his brother or anything of that nature; it’s just about waiting and seeing what opportunity is best.

“It’s never a competition between me and my brother,” he said. “Because I want him to be as successful as he can possibly be, and he wants the same for me. No matter what happens in life, we are always going to be proud for each other and what we accomplish.”

When you have a chance to a Kennesaw State Owl, you just can't turn that down. Some may not know there coach is Al Skinner- but that won't matter in this case.

Nah. Skinner peaked as Dudley's dad in "Diff'rent Strokes."

image.jpeg

Wouldn't it just really suck if he ends up at Michigan!!???

When you have a chance to a Kennesaw State Owl, you just can't turn that down. Some may not know there coach is Al Skinner- but that won't matter in this case.
I was gonna post the same fact about Skinner, but I see you beat me to it. Gotta love southeastern mid-major basketball am I right?

Back in New Jersey, Tyus Battle holds court with kids

Tyus: "On younger brother Khalif Battle, a rising junior at Gill St. Bernard’s who is receiving high-major offers -- including one from Syracuse: “I’m happy for him because I know how much hard work he puts in, the countless hours with me and my dad . . . I would love it (if he attended Syracuse). He’s the perfect Syracuse player. He’s fiery and an aggressive scorer.”"