Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

You know that Virginia plays the slowest tempo in the country right?
You look this stuff up before you try to make it seem like that one game we won makes your point right?
Virginia plays the lowest possession basketball in the P5.

Why?
Your cause and effect (we play more minutes, therefore we stink at the end of halves and games) are purely hypothetical. I get why you say it. There is some solid logic there. But that does not make it truth. You have no confirmation, just conjecture. Just be a little more open minded about other folk’s views if they run counter to yours.

Remember, JAB’s all-time record in OT is 44-30 (I think the Miami loss was out only this year). It’s the best of all-time.

Does that prove you’re wrong? Nope. Not all all. But, akin to your view, there is also some solid logic associated with playing a few more minutes per games does not hinder a player or team’s ability to perform in minutes 18-20, 38-40 or 40-45 of a game.

When I look at K. battle's game I see he as a slightly bigger with a better jump shot player then Jalen Carey and in that regard he fits a very real need for this team going forward.

Not sure why Battle would go from a place where he barely played to another place where he’d most likely barely play

I wonder if he ends up somewhere near home such as Monmouth...

I wonder if he ends up somewhere near home such as Monmouth...
He had a better year than Brycen did.

Kids not only transfer over playing time, they often transfer over position/role on the team.

If he wants to transition to a PG than Butler is not the right fit, they play a lot of small ball which always put him at the 2 or even 3.

Small ball and 2-3 zones don't mix well...

In one of JBs last press conferences, I believe after the BC win, he mentioned talking with Gary Battle, something in reference to Tyus and playing G league
I wonder if the dad put a feeler out to JB during that call?
That would be tampering

Not sure why Battle would go from a place where he barely played to another place where he’d most likely barely play
Don't go using common sense man.

That would be tampering
Only if it was to appear JB was actively recruiting him while not yet in the portal

A father or advisor I imagine will broach the subject and see what response they get and try to read between the lines. Besides, JB has plausible deniability in this case since he has an existing relationship with the father

Lets be honest, anybody think there were not some back channel comms between Goodine and Providence for him to land there so quickly?

Only if it was to appear JB was actively recruiting him while not yet in the portal

A father or advisor I imagine will broach the subject and see what response they get and try to read between the lines. Besides, JB has plausible deniability in this case since he has an existing relationship with the father

Lets be honest, anybody think there were not some back channel comms between Goodine and Providence for him to land there so quickly?
100%

JB said Gerry talked to him. Not sure it matters much if at all.

There is no tampering.
JB was talking the dad of a former player.
If the dad brings up his orher son that is his right but the coach isn’t tampering.

Pretty simple how this stuff is done.

It’s not Thompson. Where the kid wasn’t looking to transfer and Willard reached out before the kid wanted to leave. Then the parent and coach made the deal.

Hmm...I also think we need a 4th guard who KNOWS he’s the 4th guard and can handle that.

Hard to get someone to transfer into that though. Bummer that Washington wasn’t that guy. On paper he would be perfect for that. He’d rather be playing and putting up a basic 8 and 5 at a scrub school though. To each his own, I guess.
Exactly. Washington was the perfect guy for this role. If he wants to go down to a lower level D1 school and hope he gets more opportunity and playing time, I totally understand that. But he’s not getting major playing time at a P5 school. He’d get less than he got here.

I'd rather have a 4th guard who will not always be the 4th guard and can grow into a bigger role in year 2 and 3 in the program.

It’s not Thompson. Where the kid wasn’t looking to transfer and Willard reached out before the kid wanted to leave. Then the parent and coach made the deal.

Thompson was looking to transfer. He was sniffing around St. John's too. Mullin called JB to let him know.

Thompson was looking to transfer. He was sniffing around St. John's too. Mullin called JB to let him know.
Thompson could have transferred at any time and then been able to contact other teams.
The whole reason Seton Hall got into trouble was they were in contact with Thompson before he officially withdrew from Syracuse.
The staff knew what was up when he didn’t come for 2017 summer school but he only withdrew from Syracuse the day before classes started in the fall of 2017.

By the rules Thompson wasn’t looking to transfer when Willard contacted him.
All he had to do was withdraw from Syracuse and what he did wouldn’t have been a violation for Willard.

You don’t know if Thompson wanted to leave or not. The hearsay is he didn’t and his mom made the deal with Willard and then the kid went along with it. Nobody but Thompson and his mom knew the truth.

Our staff got Seton Hall into trouble because Thompson waited too long to withdraw which was the last day before classes began and St. John’s did things right and told JB. So the NCAA had no choice but to nail Seton Hall because their was actual evidence of rules violations thanks to St. John’s.

Thompson could have transferred at any time and then been able to contact other teams.
The whole reason Seton Hall got into trouble was they were in contact with Thompson before he officially withdrew from Syracuse.
The staff knew what was up when he didn’t come for 2017 summer school but he only withdrew from Syracuse the day before classes started in the fall of 2017.

All he had to do was withdraw from Syracuse and what he did wouldn’t have been a violation for Willard.

You don’t know if Thompson wanted to leave or not. The hearsay is he didn’t and his mom made the deal with Willard and then the kid went along with it. Nobody but Thompson and his mom knew the truth.

Our staff got Seton Hall into trouble because Thompson waited too long to withdraw which was the last day before classes began and St. John’s did things right and told JB. So the NCAA had no choice but to nail Seton Hall because their was actual evidence of rules violations thanks to St. John’s.

Well, I know Thompson reached out to St. John's and Mullin called JB to let him know. Because he was looking to transfer.

ah it’s all hearsay so no knows the truth but apparently you? make it make sense we’re begging.

ah it’s all hearsay so no knows the truth but apparently you? make it make sense we’re begging.
Hi sorry you don’t like me. I really don’t care explain anymore. My post for 99% is fine for them to figure out the point.

I really don’t care to get into pissing matches with people like Alpha and this post who just want to fight to fight.
If you can’t figure the point I am making just ignore it. I am not going to bother with pointless pissing matches right now.