Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

Hi sorry you don’t like me. I really don’t care explain anymore. My post for 99% is fine for them to figure out the point.

I really don’t care to get into pissing matches with people like Alpha and this post who just want to fight to fight.
If you can’t figure the point I am making just ignore it. I am not going to bother with pointless pissing matches right now.
Yikes! Goodluck Chuck.

I have not seen Khalif Battle play. Looking at conference stats and advanced stats however, he did not do very well at Butler this year. In Conference games (better competition, and no stats that alter his averages based on bad competition). He averaged 9.8 mpg, shot 30% from 2, 26% from 3, and averaged 2.3 points per game. His player efficiency rating (PER) was a 0.9, lowest on his team. Based on his Advanced stats, which I know people don't like, he was actually a negative win share. meaning he was a net negative when he played. He had a 69.9 offensive rating, the worst on the team, and he was a middle of the pack defensive player at 106.4. Goodine and Washington who some people are happy left, have much better numbers in less mpg at 6.8 and 7.7 respectively. Goodine shot 38.5% from 2 and 25.0% from 3; Howard washington 40% from 2 and 0% from 3. Goodine PER was 13.1 and Washington PER was 10.5. Win shares was 0.80 and .045 respectively. Respectively offensive efficiency was 104.9 and 89.4 and defensive efficiency was 107.5 and 102.8. I know that is a lot of info, bottom line is Battle does not even come close to Goodine and Washington's numbers. He should not be an option for us.

I have not seen Khalif Battle play. Looking at conference stats and advanced stats however, he did not do very well at Butler this year. In Conference games (better competition, and no stats that alter his averages based on bad competition). He averaged 9.8 mpg, shot 30% from 2, 26% from 3, and averaged 2.3 points per game. His player efficiency rating (PER) was a 0.9, lowest on his team. Based on his Advanced stats, which I know people don't like, he was actually a negative win share. meaning he was a net negative when he played. He had a 69.9 offensive rating, the worst on the team, and he was a middle of the pack defensive player at 106.4. Goodine and Washington who some people are happy left, have much better numbers in less mpg at 6.8 and 7.7 respectively. Goodine shot 38.5% from 2 and 25.0% from 3; Howard washington 40% from 2 and 0% from 3. Goodine PER was 13.1 and Washington PER was 10.5. Win shares was 0.80 and .045 respectively. Respectively offensive efficiency was 104.9 and 89.4 and defensive efficiency was 107.5 and 102.8. I know that is a lot of info, bottom line is Battle does not even come close to Goodine and Washington's numbers. He should not be an option for us.
If his last name wasn’t Battle no one would be talking about him

Lol I could announce I’m transferring and people here would get mad I’m not gaining any consideration because of the buddy logjam
what schools are you hearing from ???

He played mostly the 2 in this game, but played some 3 in the 1st half when Tucker was functioning as the 2 guard in the set.

Would be very good at the top of the zone, long arms good size. was 0-2 from the field 2-2 from the line 1 reb, 1 ass, in 11mins

Makes a 3 misses a layup...needs to tighten up his handle. I like his defense though

His dad, while he had some issues with JB while Tyus was here, ultimately ended up thinking Tyus made the right decision coming here. Just some perspective.
Interesting. I thought Tyus, from an outside perspective, got treated pretty well here. He played a lot as a freshman and was a vocal part of the offense for both his sophomore and junior years; he was never really in JBs dog house.

But I’m sure stuff went on behind the scenes

Why on earth would Su be interested? This has to be the biggest stretch in the history of this recruiting forum. We need a typical scoring SF to ease some of the burden of losing Eli. This is a square peg in a round hole.

Why on earth would Su be interested? This has to be the biggest stretch in the history of this recruiting forum. We need a typical scoring SF to ease some of the burden of losing Eli. This is a square peg in a round hole.
we only have 3 guards as it stands now

I know, we can do without this one . I watched Butler enough to know that much.
lol! Did you watch Syracuse? He is better than what we had coming off the bench...you know the guys who all transferred out...

His dad, while he had some issues with JB while Tyus was here, ultimately ended up thinking Tyus made the right decision coming here. Just some perspective.

Wasn’t his dad the one pushing for Syracuse the entire recruiting process?

I mean he's nowhere near as good as tyus but we do need another guard.
Definitely not anywhere close to Tyus, but I think the comparison should be, is he better than the three we’re losing. I think that he is. Plus bigger and more athletic.