Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

Maybe Tyus gets drafted by Portland, and the family moves out there. Fun thought.

Hop is kind of starting to become a little pestering. I know he's gonna use his connections, but damn.
It's funny but you start to wonder (I did after Naz)...

Hop is starting to piss me off.

Can't blame Hop. He has to build his program, and it makes sense to leverage his connections. At the end of the day, though, we're Syracuse and they are Washington. We have the HOF coach and the conference. I won't be pissed at Hop until he calls Pitino and starts picking his brain about how to beat SU with no-name white guys who shoot threes. ;)

Hope everyone can stop freaking out now. And if the ride to Michigan how is Washington going to happen

Yes, THIS.

It takes longer for them to fly to Washington than to drive to SU.
If Michigan was too far away for the family, then U-Dub most certainly is also.

Yes, THIS.

To get from SeaTac to campus can take hours in bumper to bumper traffic.

Is there a history of brothers following one another It seams to me the younger ones want to find their own way outside brothers shadow. The Grant brothers are an example.
AO is another

Yes, THIS.

Jersey to Seattle is a direct flight for a family that will likely have the means to make that trip at will once Tyus goes pro. I'm not trying to argue against us, but the distance factor is a much less significant barrier this time around.

I think hop wants to stick it to us. And btw as great as hop is it's still Washington and we are still syracuse. If he wants to play in the top conference in the country against the best competition he goes to Syracuse.

Romar and his assistants were always at husky football games with recruits. I have husky football season tickets and where my Cuse gear to every game. I'm sure I'll see Hop multiple times and I'm going to make sure he knows to stay away from Khalif.

I think hop wants to stick it to us. And btw as great as hop is it's still Washington and we are still syracuse. If he wants to play in the top conference in the country against the best competition he goes to Syracuse.
It's a mid-level Pac12 program. They just are not on TV that often, and when they are, it's 10p EST. They just had the top pick in the NBA draft, and I think I saw one game of theirs this past season.

It's a mid-level Pac12 program. They just are not on TV that often, and when they are, it's 10p EST. They just had the top pick in the NBA draft, and I think I saw one game of theirs this past season.
If they get better they will be. All of their games are on the PAC 12 network locally. Once he is out here for 2-3 years there will be a west recruiting focus. Right now he knows the kids he knows and has relationships with the people he does. He hasn't taken anyone from us. We passed on Naz Carter and cooled off on Wright. Syracuse games are on at 4pm here and I don't know about you but I'm not home from work at 4pm. It's called DVR. Next year if USC is playing Zona in the desert and it starts at 10pm and both teams are in the top 10 I think kids will probably still watch it.

As great as hop is...just a few months ago most of the board didn't want him coaching us.
Well so far he is a proven recruiter. Head Coach? Yet to be seen and I can't wait to see him do his thing after decades of observation. Go Hop!( just don't mess with our recruits please)

Jersey to Seattle is a direct flight for a family that will likely have the means to make that trip at will once Tyus goes pro. I'm not trying to argue against us, but the distance factor is a much less significant barrier this time around.
That depends where he is drafted. If he goe 2nd Rd. no guarantee contract. Monies are less.