Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The roster of invitees to Syracuse's Elite camp is constantly changing with some prospects unable to attend at the last minute, while others come on board late.

Some of the top-rated recruits expected to be in attendance include:

Khalif Battle. The younger brother of Syracuse freshman Tyus Battle, Khalif will be a sophomore at Roselle Catholic this year. Last year, Battle attended St. Joseph's in Metuchen, N.J., along with his older brother.

Prized 2017 point guard Quade Green to visit Syracuse this weekend (PS: Waters)

Team Final Scrimmage: Recruiting Notebook

The April live recruiting periods will be a fresh start for Battle, as the Trenton Catholic guard took the court with Team Final for the time after moving over from Sports U (N.J.).

It’s an especially welcome time, considering the younger brother of Syracuse’s Tyus Battle missed his entire sophomore season with back pains due to a growth spurt; he’s now up to 6-4 and 170 pounds, and ready to roll.

“By the time [I was healthy] it was like playoff time, it was too late,” he said. “I wish I could have helped my team this year but I’ll be back next year.”

His brother’s pedigree helped him pull in early offers from Rutgers and Iona, but ultimately it’s something of a new start for Battle’s recruitment as well.

The younger Battle looked ready to get back out in front of college coaches, dropping 19 points in a loss to Team Takeover in a 16U matchup; he hit four 3-pointers along the way, including several from near NBA range.

“I want to get better in all aspects but try to knock my shots down, get to the basket, be aggressive on defense and offense at all times,” he said.

Battle's certainly benefitted from having an older brother who was a five-star prospect in his own right, as the Syracuse sophomore and his younger brother used to duke it out in one-on-one battle after another.

“It was definitely a challenge, he beat up on me a lot, he made me better and tougher mentally," Khalif Battle said, but those on-court beatings came with valuable lessons as well: “[He taught me to] work hard, don’t ever take time off on the court, be a good student and have good character and everything else will take care of itself.”

He looks bigger than Tyus already!

It's amazing how much he's grown. He missed a ton of time because tremendous back pain because of a huge growth spurt.

Why can you not imagine him not going to SU? His brother almost didn't come to SU. Kid might want to forge his own path.

One thing is for sure if we want Khalif there doesn't need to be a sell job. With his brother playing here and his Father having an inside view through Tyus, Khalif will know exactly what he'd be signing up for. Him and his Dad will either want him at SU or they won't. That is why I think if we don't offer it means that the Battle's have already told SU he's looking elsewhere.

Or his dad realizes that he has special offensive talents in his kids and Syracuse plays the perfect system for them. Seems pretty simple honestly.
Yeah...scouting report now, says decent player, but great shooter. We've seen what happens to our shooters! (We don't get to see much of it usually)

Insert your Shooter McGavin meme at any time!! Haha!

Or his dad realizes that he has special offensive talents in his kids and Syracuse plays the perfect system for them. Seems pretty simple honestly.
Lots if schools run good offenses.

Lots if schools run good offenses.

So I guess it's just crazy we may not have an upper hand on a guy that flourished as a freshman in our system that has a dad who cares about his kids handling the ball and being focused on on offense. Just insane why Gary Battle would want his second son playing here when the goal is the next level.

So I guess it's just crazy we may not have an upper hand on a guy that flourished as a freshman in our system that has a dad who cares about his kids handling the ball and being focused on on offense. Just insane why Gary Battle would want his second son playing here when the goal is the next level.

Lol, people pound you for being negative you point out a legit reason we could have an advantage landing this kid and you are called out on it. I don't agree with all your opinions but I appreciate people who consistently call it how they see it. Guess you can't win most of the time around here no matter who you are.

Lol, people pound you for being negative you point out a legit reason we could have an advantage landing this kid and you are called out on it. I don't agree with all your opinions but I appreciate people who consistently call it how they see it. Guess you can't win most of the time around here no matter who you are.

I could start a Gmac love tour and people would hate him just because I started it. It's petty and it doesn't bother me at all. What it does is show who around here have agendas.

I agree with a lot posted by people on here. I'll give a like and move on. I usually read the post, don't look at who posted and keep going. If I agree I usually don't post, if I disagree I post and that's probably why I come off as negative.

I'm sure people who dispise me probably get more likes from me than anybody outside of Tee. Difference between me and them is I don't hold grudges.