Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

There was a report not too long ago that he was eyeing trimming his list to around 5 in March. Wants to commit before his HS senior season. I expect him to OV to Michigan and Indiana.
The good news is there's a chance at least two of Kiyan's three other main schools (FSU, Michigan & Indiana) may have coaching changes this offseason

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the private stat databases to provide more value to you guys in terms of high school stats, but fortunately, Elijah, Donnie, and Kiyan all play in leagues that official stat tracking so I can still sum it up for you.

In EYBL Scholastic, Kiyan Anthony is averaging:
  • 15.9 minutes
  • 8.9 points
  • 2.6 assists
  • 1.9 rebounds
  • 0.8 steals
  • 48/35/82 shooting splits (2PT/3PT/FT) for a pretty good TS% of 56.6% despite the disappointing 2PT%.
  • On the year, he's attempted 26 3 pointers compared to 27 2 pointers and 22 free throws. His 3 point attempt rate of 49.1% is nearly identical to Buddy Boeheim's senior season (his lowest 3 point rate during his time here). Compared to guys this season, he's a bit lower than Kyle Cuffe. I suspect based on his 2PT% and 3 point rate, he probably struggles to get to the rim and instead settles for mid-range jumpers but I think I've only watched one of his games to this point so it's truly just a guess.
  • Per 40 minutes, his points/assists/rebounds/steals jumps up to 22.4/6.6/4.7/1.9. Really nice numbers, particularly the assists.
  • Among the 87 players with at least 100 minutes in EYBL Scholastic this season, Kiyan is 12th in points per 40 minutes, 10th in assists per 40, and 26th in steals per 40. Granted he's not playing nearly as many minutes as some of the other guys in the leaderboards, but he's been incredibly productive in the minutes he has played.

The good news is there's a chance at least two of Kiyan's three other main schools (FSU, Michigan & Indiana) may have coaching changes this offseason
But players commit to the school, not the coach.

Kiyan,​

2024-01-27 20:31:15 +0000.gif

Indiana’s top 15 recruit just decommited because Woodson isn’t get fired lmao. Told the staff an hour before it went public earlier
Direct quote from a Hoosier board post about Woodson:
He basically has the mindset that his assistants are responsible for bringing players to him ready and willing to commit to IU, and it's his job to close them. He doesn't spend nearly as much time out on the recruiting trail as other head coaches...
Sound familiar?

Direct quote from a Hoosier board post about Woodson:

Sound familiar?
I dont know if it was on Twitter or if I stumbled upon the same forum last night but I saw almost the same exact quote and had ‘nam flashbacks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom